RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Apple Magic Mouse

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

(Watch the video)

Looks pretty, and does everything most PC standard mice can do (with some extra buttons), but of course, this mouse has no buttons. And it's bluetooth wireless, which all macs since 2005 or so already come with anyway, so there's not a huge backwards compatibility issue.

Eh, it's like $70. PC wireless mice with the same amount of buttons and functionality cost roughly the same. (link) ($70 at Office Depot, no 360 scroll.)

I'm not really sold on it, though. They dropped the dashboard and "alt+tab" expose functions that the old mice had (link), which I used a lot, but that's not the biggest issue because you can still set mousing over to a corner to do the same thing.

Eh, I dunno. What do you guys think?

Pre-emptive: You're an idiot if you say something like "finally, apple has right click." Apple mice have had that for years, you either don't use a mac, or were too dense to turn it on in the preferences.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 04:21:23 PM by Brandon Boyd »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
What's wrong with buttons?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
It's not different, innovative, cost efficient, functional, user friendly or cool enough =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
Touch screens are just the way future tech is unfolding.

HP made a touch screen computer a while back.
Obviously, Apple has the iPhone, iPod touch, and now this mouse.
Numerous cell phone manufacturers are moving towards touch screen devices, LG and Blackberry in particular.
A few hotels have google maps hooked up to large touch screen "tables."
Nintendo DS. Touch screen.
Tablets, Wacom or otherwise, are nothing but touch screens without a display. Un-glorified touch screens. I'm sure we'll soon see tablets that do have visual screens on them.

So yeah, it's not just Apple.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:07:49 PM by Brandon Boyd »

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I recall my brother was begging my mom for this.
Hi

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
It's really neat. I've wanted to try out the new new products ever since they were announced/released.

I've heard it doesn't have as much functionality and options as the Macbook's multi-touch trackpad, though. Hopefully they'll update that so we can activate expose and use more finger gestures.

Anyway, multi-touch is the future for a lot of things. Apple's ahead of the game when it comes to implementing it.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
we already IRC'd this the day it was out :3
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
I'm too busy to hang out in the chatroom.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Seems ok, but I like the tactile response that buttons give.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm pretty sure it still clicks. Like, the shell depresses as a whole, just like normal buttons do.
The old Apple mice were all one solid shell on top, and they still 'clicked' when you pushed down.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I can tell you exactly what I think tomorrow. my sis is getting one.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Yeah, it still clicks. :]

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
SIXTY NINE!!!!!!!! (dollars)

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
It looks nice, but I don't really have a problem with a regular mouse... yet.

Rep:
Level 96
It looks nice, but I don't really have a problem with a regular mouse... yet.
Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel.

I think it looks really cool and all, but my current mouse has all the features the Magic Mouse has, it just doesn't look as cool.
So I think I'll hold out on this one.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, but everyone who thought Vista (especially at first) is better than XP is probably going to buy this mouse.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
That's pretty cool.

I'd probably get it over the mighty mouse (if I had the money to get a mac) just because the mighty mouse's tiny ass scroll ball annoys the shit out of me.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
I bought one for my black MacBook only to find out that half the features won't work because I have a black MacBook. It still functioned as a wireless mouse, with right/left clicking, but no gestures or scrolling. I wish the reviews actually addressed this instead of immediately giving Steve Job a blowjob because he made something new.

I'm taking it back.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Looked fun, even though I prefer PC. Sorry it didn't work out for you, Arl.

And of course Apple is going to be self-congratulatory, that's probably the only blowjob Steve+Steve ever get. The only thing they do better is invent stuff for other companies to make cheaper.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The mouse only works when you go to apple.com to buy more stuff.

Rep:
Level 102
I bought one for my black MacBook only to find out that half the features won't work because I have a black MacBook. It still functioned as a wireless mouse, with right/left clicking, but no gestures or scrolling. I wish the reviews actually addressed this instead of immediately giving Steve Job a blowjob because he made something new.

I'm taking it back.
Did you have Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later with Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0? ._.

Rep:
Level 96
I have 10.5.8 and installed the wireless mouse update twice just to be sure.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Nifty, not useful.
Been using it for a while, I don't see myself really NEEDING it for any reason.