RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Wings of Eternia - Remake (Update-11/28/09)

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
Wings of Eternia - Remake

(Project is no longer Wings of Eternia II)

With the sad release of Wings of Eternia I awhile back, I was trying to look for a way to make up for it. Seeing as going back and editing 400+ common events really isn't the most effective way of redeeming the game title, I figured the best just to move on and start with a clean slate.
This time though, I'm rewriting the story, adding more features, making my own graphics, and making sure I avoid the issues I had in the last game.

Story

Spoiler for:
The story is getting rewritten since the old one really had no direction.

The small farm town sitting on the edge of the nation of Ciox, Livana, was enjoying it's peaceful days which what seem like a never ending dream. Even though other nations seek to take territory, their nation was never effected by it. With recent discoveries in Ciox's ruins, the Federation of Va d'Orm soon took notice. Thus, their dream world was soon to come to awakening to reality. What mystery does the crimsas ores hold? What was it that Ciox dug up? And how will Ciox handle Va d'Orm? Find out in the new remake of Wings of Eternia~ (yeah cheesy ending, I know)

Important Territories

Spoiler for:
Federation of Va d'Orm - One of the top ruling forces in the world in the conquest for territory. As an aggressor Federation, when land is not owned by either Ciox, Republic of Celenia, or the Kingdom of Rosetta, they will claim it at all costs and force their culture. They will also either force the current residence to switch to the Federations culture, or they are forced to leave their land. Even though the Celenia and Rosetta do not agree with Va d'Orm's actions, they are unable to go against the Federation due to their power differences with crimsas technology. Va d'Orm is located to the far west on the world map. Their overall land is mostly desert and dry grasslands.

Republic of Celenia - A neutral nation that resides in the center of the world map. They act as a mediator to both Va d'Orm and Celenia when high conflicts are about to occur. The Republic is also known as Shield of the Goddess. Do to it's geographical location on top of a mountain, and having high walls, no enemy has successfully invaded past the front doors. The Republic are currently not involved in any conquest for land.

Kingdom of Rosetta - Another higher up ruling forces in the world. Rosetta is in conquest for territory over new lands that are discovered and are often in conflict with the Federation of Va d'Orm. Even though the Kingdom does lack as much crimsas technology that the Federation has, they minds of genius' are born from Rosetta, which in turn give them high tactical power that brute force can not match. The Kingdom of Rosetta geographic location is in the north where it is most cold. It snows year round so it's common that nomad villages disappear and reappear.

Characters

Spoiler for:

Mihli
Info: Living in Livana, Mihli spends most her time helping around the town with growing crops and tending to the needs of work. Though she is a hard worker, she tends to get side tracked when Madelyn comes up with a new idea for adventure or just a plain old game.
Weapon: None (Hand-to-Hand style)
Starting Combos:
* stands for chain combo (if player presses the button in a certain amount of time after a chime, then the combo continues)
Right, Right, Right - Normal Attack
Right, Right, Right, * Down - Air Flux
Right, Right, Right, * Down, * Left - Aero Strike

Levin
Info: A boy who is set on getting revenge when the Va d'Orm invades. His will is very strong, yet sometimes that isn't always a good thing. Levin tends to dive in head first the moment he thinks he is right, which, sometimes can cause big trouble.
Weapon: Sling Knife
Starting Combos:
* stands for chain combo (if player presses the button in a certain amount of time after a chime, then the combo continues)
Right, Right, Right - Normal Attack
Right, Right, Right, * Left - Horizontal Cut
Right, Right, Right, * Left, * Up - Vertical Cleave
Down, Down, Down - Mend

Screenshots

Spoiler for:
Note: This is still being worked on. The background isn't 100% completely sprited

Features

Spoiler for:
*Custom Graphics
*Combo Based Battle System
*Crimsas attachment system
*Final Invocation Bar/Skills have been added
*Pop damage will be added soon
*Seeing monster's HP
*Battles are on a battle map
*Advance AI settings

Credits
Spoiler for:
Nihon Falcom (Music)
Lunar Eternal Blue (Music)

MA (Picture + script)
Nessiah, Skie, and Ocean (Spriting Help)

I'm currently fixing up this page. For the mean time, enjoy Mihli's battle stance animation:

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 05:47:55 PM by HowlingWinds »

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
This is definitely PotM in the future. It's good to see you active at rpg maker again.
And lol @ Rogetter. He looks like a creepy pedophile.

- -

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
haha, this does look good. I can't wait for a demo :)

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
Switching this project over to remaking Wings of Eternia 1 because my first go at it didn't go so well. This new remake will include a new storyline (some things might seem almost connected, but over all it's new). Battle system is still the same combo but will have new features to it. Also I'm doing all the graphics myself and hopefully will be able to run without using any RTP.

I have 1 screenshot up on how far I am at making the first battle background and battle set up. Also I have Levin's and Mihli's battle graphics in the character section. I'll be adding more screenshot/graphics as I get more done. Their field sprites will be based on the RTP graphics, but it will be a bit larger:

That's all I have for an update for now~ If you have any suggestions on what to add into the battle system, I'm open for ideas.