RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
This Shit is disgusting

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
http://theseoultimes.com/ST/?url=/ST/db/read.php?idx=7333

First three paragraphs:
Some of the Chinese people are known to be eating babies and the news circulated through the internet or via Email communication is shocking the world.

An Email report received by The Seoul Times confirmed that news with several vivid and appalling pictures of human embryos fetuses being made into a soup for human consumption.

The report went on. A town in the southern province of Canton (Guangdong) is now on trend taking baby herbal soup to increase overall health and stamina and the power of sexual performance in particular.

This is the worst thing I have ever seen. I'm glad they just didn't murder little babies and used aborted or already-dying babies, but damn...

Rep:
Level 83
Oh my........
...thats just not right....I am shocked....

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I'm inclined to think it's a hoax because everything is, though I have no idea how credible a source the seoul times is.

As disgusting as it is to think about the logistics of the act, the bones would make it difficult to eat as it is shown in the gross pictures, so I'm guessing it's a hoax.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:13:28 AM by Owyn »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hoax or not, what the fuck is wrong with someone to even come up with an idea like that?

On a less emotional note, the bones are like gristle at the developmental stage pictured. The Koreans do something similar with duck eggs.

Oh, my gods... that was very disturbing. I HOPE it's a hoax. I HOPE it's a hoax.
:tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm inclined to think it's a hoax because everything is, though I have no idea how credible a source the seoul times is.
Man, I'm so disturbed by this, I hope it's a hoax, but I don't think it is. :\

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I'm betting that it's photoshoped or something.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ok now while I don't personally find the idea kinda disgusting, you guys do have to put things in perspective.

It's a totally different country.
In some countries it is acceptable or necessary to cannibalize the dead.  So where we find it revolting, it's just part of their society.

"what is good for one culture is not necessarily good for another" to loosely quote Darwin.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Not really fussed by this.

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
I am guessing hoax, basically sounding like scared mother about everything posted
He pointed to his second wife next to him. She is 19 years old. The 62-year-old man testified that they have sex everyday.
This is unnecessary information, more gossip to add on upon the "story"
Another thing I notices was how unbiased the whole feel of the report was "This heinous crimes..." (I mostly chose that quote due to bad grammar)

If it is not a hoax then it is how a part of culture lives, big deal. Look far enough back and I bet you can find worse crimes in your legacy.
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
This shit IS disgusting. I am offended by these bunch of words.
Hi

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I am guessing hoax, basically sounding like scared mother about everything posted
He pointed to his second wife next to him. She is 19 years old. The 62-year-old man testified that they have sex everyday.
This is unnecessary information, more gossip to add on upon the "story"
Another thing I notices was how unbiased the whole feel of the report was "This heinous crimes..." (I mostly chose that quote due to bad grammar)

If it is not a hoax then it is how a part of culture lives, big deal. Look far enough back and I bet you can find worse crimes in your legacy.
The news are not completely subjective (if I'm thinking of the right word) ideas. I'm taking government in school, and one of the things I read in my textbook was how the media has shifted from descriptive reporting to more of an opinionated press; humans are not without bias.

ok now while I don't personally find the idea kinda disgusting, you guys do have to put things in perspective.
I know that, but I'm putting things in my perspective here; however, if you went over whether this is cannibalism or not, it'd also turn into an issue of abortion, too.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hmmm. Okay. Assuming it's not a hoax, let's put this in perspective, looking through the lens of what we in the civilized English speaking world see as "right" or "normal". After all, since we are discussing this, it really doesn't matter what the Chinese think. I want to talk about what this means in our collective western culture for right now.

I would like to think that any one of us would agree that eating an unborn fetus = wrong for the following reasons:
     Unless you're starving to death, cannibalism is not good for you.
     Pursuant to the above, if you must consume the dead, let it be those who have died from natural causes, not those killed.
     As far as abortion goes, it is a necessary evil, like labor unions and nuclear weapons. Necessary, but evil all the same.
     Leave children out of it. Whatever it is, don't include the innocent.

That's just my opinion, strong as it may be. I'm dying to hear a counter point, though.
:tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the reasons (or THE reason) that abortion is allowed is because the fetus is not considered a person and therefore wouldn't be counted as murder. If my logic is correct, calling the consumption of a fetus as "cannibalism" would mean the fetus is a person, no?

Of course, this is sounding a lot like something for the Debate forum :P

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
those dicks! they should be stopped,coz that...is just sick,they are sick in their f***ing minds!
no

By Kraft

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Hmmm. Okay. Assuming it's not a hoax, let's put this in perspective, looking through the lens of what we in the civilized English speaking world see as "right" or "normal". After all, since we are discussing this, it really doesn't matter what the Chinese think. I want to talk about what this means in our collective western culture for right now.

That is extremely ego-centric of you.
Considering that it's happening in -their- country, and we are totally uninvolved, I'd say it's -our- point of view that doesn't matter.

I would like to think that any one of us would agree that eating an unborn fetus = wrong for the following reasons:
     Pursuant to the above, if you must consume the dead, let it be those who have died from natural causes, not those killed.

Cannibalism might very well be a huge part of spirituality for a culture, such as a tribe who believes that if you consume the flesh of your foes that it will cause you to take their strength into yourself.  That's only one possible example for why some cultures might be cannibalistic.  I can come up with more if needed.

As far as abortion goes, it is a necessary evil, like labor unions and nuclear weapons. Necessary, but evil all the same.
     Leave children out of it. Whatever it is, don't include the innocent.

That's just my opinion, strong as it may be. I'm dying to hear a counter point, though.

Abortion is in no way necessary, I have no idea where you're getting that.  And saying abortion is necessary then saying 'leave the innocent' right after another is kinda contradictory.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Abortion is necessary for those who are silly enough to get pregnant when they don't have the means to raise a child.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Abortion is necessary for those who are silly enough to get pregnant when they don't have the means to raise a child.

Adoption.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Yes, everybody wants to carry around a baby for nine months and then when the time comes just pass it along to whoever and act like it never happened.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Nam's saying that abortion isn't necessary, it's optional. Whether they want to go through the process of birth or not is up to them, but having an abortion isn't absolutely necessary.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Nam's saying that abortion isn't necessary, it's optional. Whether they want to go through the process of birth or not is up to them, but having an abortion isn't absolutely necessary.

exactly.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I was saying having the option of abortion is absolutely necessary, which I think is what the dude was originally saying.  :)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Okay, well, that's your opinion and you're allowed it. NAMKCOR's opinion is different though, and others may different too, so if you want to argue that further take it to Elitist Debate please.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I can agree that having the option available can be considered necessary.  The act itself, is what I feel isn't.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Okay, well, that's your opinion and you're allowed it. NAMKCOR's opinion is different though, and others may different too, so if you want to argue that further take it to Elitist Debate please.
His opinion isn't different, it's unrelated. That wasn't clear until now.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Uhm, this is extremely disturbing.

On a note, I find abortion, needed for some people, though I don't support it but Im not against it. Just I feel its a part of life, unfortunately for many people they're against while many are for it. Some are in the middle, and just accept it.
Thats just my ranting of the subject, and back on topic.
That shit is just disturbing to me.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.