RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k/2k3] Disharmony Audio Patch (now 20% cooler!)

Rep:
Level 83
Gaz Membrane
Disharmony Audio Patch
Version: 0.9.7.52
Author: derula
Date: October 30, 2010

Version History

• 30.09.2011 Disharmony 0.9.7.52 (Tool versions 0.9.2):
    • Fixed licensing issues.
    • Volume can now be changed from game Variables without lag.
    • Added a GUI to EffectsManager for managing keyboard functionality.
    • Added import function for RMXP style loop start points in LoopEditor.
    • Fixed language packs to work across different regions with same language.
    • Behind-The-Scenes upgrade to Delphi XE.
    • Sound effects are now loaded whole (no longer streamed).
    • Sound effects are kept in memory for a short time to speed up replay.
    • System sound effects are now permanently kept in memory for speed.
    • Added improved tracker support based on libmodplug (thanks Mason Wheeler!).
    • .link.wav files now also allow links to MIDI files.
    • Fixed a small installer bug.
  • 30.10.2010 Disharmony 0.9.6.43:
    • Fixed short pause at start of MIDIs.
    • Fixed inconsistency with fading (starting a Non-MIDI again while it is fading in, fade will restart).
    • Fixed fadeout for MIDI files (MIDI continued to play after fadeout).
    • Fixed MIDI Tempo control (only had 5 different settings before).
    • Improved performance at the beginning of loops.
    • Fixed playback of files that cannot be sought (e.g. very short OGGs); a loop start point greater than 0 is obviously not supported for such files.
    • Added .link.wav support for sound effects.
    • Checks for music playing and "played once" could return incorrect values if the music has been faded out. Now, both will say false once a fadeout has been started.
    • Added a feature that will set a switch according to a key's state (tool will be added later).
  • 29.12.2009 Disharmony 0.9.5.31:
    • Fixed Windows 7 compatibility (thanks Cherry!).
    • Fixed a bug that made tools unusable when using huge window borders.
  • 24.10.2009 Disharmony 0.9.5.30:
    • Fixed a bug where stopping sounds by playing them again at volume 0 crashed the game.
    • Fixed a bug where setting out-of-bounds volume values crashed the game or did weird things.
    • Fixed Harmony Patcher GUI that failed to enable the patch button and then failed to patch.
    • Added Spanish translation for tools. Thanks again to EN.I!
  • 13.08.2009 Disharmony 0.9.5.29 (Loop Editor 0.9.1.6):
    • Fixed bug that stopped Non-MIDIs from fading sometimes.
    • Added support to play multiple Non-MIDIs at once like MIDI channels.
    • Added possibility to change the volume of MIDI channels separately.
    • Added possibility to define a Switch that will cause Disharmony to re-apply all effects.
    • Added French and German translations to all tools (big thanks to king kadelfek!)
    • Loop Editor: Enlarged Buttons so that translations fit them.
    • Effects Manager: Added ability to set channel volumes / reload switch.
    • Harmony Patcher: Changed to only take a single project.
    • Setup updated to 0.9.1.1: Restructured install components and added possibility to install other languages than your system language as well.
  • 15.06.2009 Disharmony 0.9.4.26 (Loop Editor 0.9.1.4) (unreleased):
    • Fixed music fade volume change rate.
    • Fixed a bug where the first MIDI didn't play when using an auto enter patch.
    • Fixed a bug that made it impossible to play the same music again after starting to fade it out.
    • Finally fixed those stupid "mini loops".
    • Added support for Effects and new tool (Effects Manager).
    • Added the new tool Harmony Patcher to be able to use Disharmony from RPG Maker 2003.
    • Added possibility to stop a specific sound by playing it again at volume 0.
    • Loop Editor: Added ability to set the loop starting point for MIDI files, minor fixes.
    • Setup updated to 0.9.1.0: Uninstall old version prior to installing new one, minor fixes & changes, added Spanish and French translations (thanks to EN.I and king kadelfek)
  • 21.12.2008 Disharmony 0.9.3.23 (Loop Editor 0.9.0.3):
    • Now actually supports Ineluki's MP3- / Keypatch.
    • Plays MP3 files in newer RPG Maker 2003 versions correctly (inside the game, if it is patched).
    • (Hopefully) no more performance issues or random loops.
    • Upgraded to DSMix Advanced which takes advantage of DirectX 9.
    • Loop Editor: Recompiled to use DSMix Advanced.
  • 02.10.2008 Disharmony 0.9.2.21:
    • Fixed a bug that resulted in the MIDIs being played with an incorrect Tempo setting if they were rapidly played after another MIDI.
    • Setup: It had the old Version number, fixed that.
  • 01.10.2008 Disharmony 0.9.2.20 (Loop Editor 0.9.0.2):
    • "No Loop" setting did not actually work. Now, it hopefully does.
    • MIDI playback is now performed by Disharmony. The beginning of the MIDI will be skipped if it is silent, and the Controller 111 is recognized.
    • Loop Editor: Dunno. I think I just compiled it twice which added up to the version number.
  • 30.03.2008 Disharmony 0.9.1.20 (Loop Editor 0.9.0.0):
    • Fixed a bug or two where "Played BGM Once" didn't work with songs without loop or songs with a loop starting point different from 0.
    • Loop Editor: Fixed a bug where Pressing F1 would cause an error instead of displaying the help file.
    • Setup updated to 0.9.0.0: Transformed message boxes into a more GUI approach, added German translation.

Planned Future Versions

• I plan to do a Disharmony version for RPG Maker XP. Yes, I know, there's already an FMOD script for RMXP, but Disharmony has some features FMOD doesn't have, like correctly playing the MIDIs (see below) and reading loop start points from file tags.

Description

Disharmony Audio Patch (in short, "Disharmony") is a replacement for the default audio system (will be referred to "Harmony" in the following) of RPG Maker 2000 and 2003. It is designed to be as compatible as possible, while fixing the worst flaws of Harmony and introducing new features.

Features

• Full DirectSound playback of music (except MIDI, which is played via midiOut) and sound effects. Due to that, all file formats for which a DirectShow filter is installed are supported. By default this is raw WAV, MP3 and WMA.
  • With an additional library (libdiscord.dll, which is a modified libmodplug), many tracker formats can be played back as well.
  • Reading access to special looping information in MP3, WMA and OGG tags. This information can be written to MP3 and OGG files using Loop Editor, a special tool that comes with Disharmony.
  • Using effects like Chorus, Echo, etc. when playing non-MIDI music. Disharmony takes advantage of Cherry's work on Finder to read game Switches and Variables with which you can control those effects.
  • Theoretical playback of an infinite number of sound effects simultaneously.
  • Disharmony stops all currently playing sounds with a given file name if you play the same again at volume 0.
  • "Played BGM Once" fork condition is supported for all audio formats.
  • Midis are played back and a very similar way the original harmony.dll did it. That is, the beginning of songs are cut off if they are silent, and the controller 111 is supported as a loop starting point indicator. Furthermore, a few bugs with the original harmony.dll are fixed, most notably the one that made all MIDIs sound strange if a previously played MIDI made changes to some controllers.
  • "MIDI Play Pos" will return the music playback position in milliseconds for all kinds of input file.
  • No link files have to be created like in Ineluki's patch. They are still supported, though.
  • Full support for Ineluki's keypatch.
  • Apart from the needed DirectShow filters, no additional DLL are required if you aren't using Ineluki's keypatch.
  • Full compatibility to original harmony.dll: Volume (logarithmic volume control), Speed, Panpot and Fade-In / Fade-Out (also logarithmic) are all supported.

Instructions

To use Disharmony in your project, the best way is to download the installer below and install the patch. If you're using RPG Maker 2000 Value! or RPG Maker 2003 greater than version 1.04, you will need to use Harmony Patcher GUI to patch the RPG Maker executable and the RPG_RT.exe of every game you want to use Disharmony with. Harmony Patcher GUI is included with Disharmony, and hints on how to use it are provided on program startup.

If you want to distribute a project using Disharmony, simply copy Disharmony's harmony.dll into your project's folder along with the three text files that come with Disharmony.

Credit

These people directly wrote software for Disharmony:

• Mason Wheeler (modified libmodplug library, Delphi libmodplug headers and help with port to new Delphi version)
  • Cherry (reading / changing RPG Maker variables, determining a project's real executable and its version)
  • Bananen-Joe (patching RPG Maker 2003 executables to use Disharmony)

I took advantage of the free software from the following people:

• Colin Wilson (most of the MIDI part)
  • Carlos Barbadosa and Pavel Bibergal (most of the DirectShow part)
  • Project JEDI (extra controls in the tools)
  • Jurgen Faul (reading / writing Audio file tags)
  • Daniel Wischnewski (tool translations framework)

Thanks

The translation team:

• EN.I (Spanish translation)
  • king kadelfek (French translation)

Bug reporters and testers:

• Mason Wheeler
  • EN.I
  • Neok
  • Tropical-Bird
  • Nemica
  • Knumonmaster
  • psy_wombats
  • Cherry
  • Bananen-Joe

Support

There's plenty ways to contact me in my profile here. Feel free to do so if you find any bugs. Also, you can post in this thread.

Known Compatibility Issues

Disharmony isn't 100% backwards-compatible to Harmony. There are some small details that behave slightly differently. If you feel that one of them causes a regression, feel free to contact me.

Download

You can download Disharmony Audio Patch from its Homepage or use one of these direct links:

Author's Notes

This patch has been inspired by Ineluki's MP3 patch, which has been dominant in the German scene for quite a while. That patch, however, isn't very similar to Harmony; instead, it requires it to be present as well. Most features that Harmony offers simply don't work with MP3 Patch, or don't work as expected. It is difficult to use, and has few features. I talked to Ineluki and told him about these issues, but he told me that those were intended. So I begged him to give me the source code for the DLL interface so that I can write my own Harmony replacement.

Well. He gave it to me. With one condition however: I must not give it away, and I must make Disharmony compatible to his MP3 patch. That's what I did, though I don't really see the point...

Restrictions

If you want to use Disharmony in your project, simply copy Disharmony's harmony.dll into your project's directory. Additionally, due to licensing of parts of Disharmony, you have to add the three text files - copying.txt, MPL.txt and LGPL.txt - to your project. If you don't do it, you're breaking the license and not allowed to use Disharmony in the future. At least, that's how I understand it; after all, IANAL.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:23:56 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks really cool. Great job!

Rep:
Level 83
Gaz Membrane
This looks really cool. Great job!

Thanks! And thanks for sticky :)

I uploaded a small update today that adds Windows 7 compatibility to Disharmony. Just in case someone was wondering if Windows 7 was supported: now it is!

*hurries to update the OP*

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
wow, I can't believe people are doing these neat things with RM2003 still. It's really cool, keep up the good work :)
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
This patch is a godsend. I was really hoping to use mp3s with RM2k because sometimes midis just don't cut it. Even for only a few mp3s, this helps. ... however, there are some outstanding issues.

Before I list them, I'll note I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Not sure about my project's RPG_RT.exe, as RM2k doesn't have version numbers for them. (RM2k3 does, and it helps.)

• The sound quality is BAD. Maybe it's just RM2k, but the mp3s sound like, in comparison to in Winamp, like they're being played through a speaker wrapped in a towel. Low dynamic range? Is that the right term?
  • OGGs don't work! This could also be an RM2k only issue, but OGGs have seemless looping, where as mp3s don't. Which brings me to my next issue.
  • The looping program doesn't seem to work. Despite my boss battle theme having a comment that says "DisharmonyLoop:3180", it loops just as if it weren't there - from the start. Scratch that, having .mp3.wav fixes it... though I really hate that name format, because having it just .wav means the .mp3 doesn't appear in the editor and creating a midi version of my game + mp3 patch is possible... Of course, with the small jump before restart, even with the altered loop it wouldn't sound natural.
  • Midis are slightly faster at the start of play, this isn't too noticeable at times, but at one point it didn't go right and my title theme sounded ... odd.

Now I don't need to worry about RM2k3, because I often use Powermode with it. It supports OGGs fine, and RM2k3 supports mp3s naturally. Powermode is 99% likely to not work with Disharmony because it uses different dlls.

If you can fix the ogg problem, or tell me what I'm doing wrong, or even remove the jump in mp3 play, you'd be even more awesome. %3 It's a shame the music sounds so... muffled though. :<

Rep:
Level 83
Gaz Membrane
Hi,

thanks for your reply.

• The sound quality is BAD. Maybe it's just RM2k, but the mp3s sound like, in comparison to in Winamp, like they're being played through a speaker wrapped in a towel. Low dynamic range? Is that the right term?

I suppose you don't have any "effects" activated? Might be a Win7 issue, might be 64k issue, might be your PC to slow... I'm not sure, I never had this problem. I can send you a testing version of an upcoming release to see if it's fixed there.

• OGGs don't work! This could also be an RM2k only issue, but OGGs have seemless looping, where as mp3s don't. Which brings me to my next issue.

You need to install a DirectShow filter for OGG Vorbis (yes, if you pass on that game to others, they need to install it as well :/). See here for a full DS filter set.

• The looping program doesn't seem to work. Despite my boss battle theme having a comment that says "DisharmonyLoop:3180", it loops just as if it weren't there - from the start. Scratch that, having .mp3.wav fixes it... though I really hate that name format, because having it just .wav means the .mp3 doesn't appear in the editor and creating a midi version of my game + mp3 patch is possible... Of course, with the small jump before restart, even with the altered loop it wouldn't sound natural.

That should have been fixed in about a few versions back... are you sure you have the most recent version? Also, what I said to the first point.

• Midis are slightly faster at the start of play, this isn't too noticeable at times, but at one point it didn't go right and my title theme sounded ... odd.

Should be fixed in next release.

The reason the next release is taking a while is that I added support for RMXP... then I did some optimizations and broke it, and now I don't have much time to work on it :P

Send me a PM if you want the testing version of the next release (RM2kx version of it shouldn't be broken, I hope), and if it fixes all your problems, I'll hurry towards a soon-coming release =)

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
I have a decent RAM and CPU, so it shouldn't be my speed. And the harmony.dll was modified 29/12/2009 so it's the latest version. I thought it was the filters at first, so I got rid of them. (Also because the game sometimes crashed when exiting to the title through the menu with volume filters on. No technical errors, just a Windows "RPG_RT has stopped working" error.)

I think I'll pass on the OGG plugin, if my players have to do that.

I think the sound-quality and slight jump might possibly be a 64-bit issue. Which is a pain. :<

pokeball GuyOffline
Rep:
Level 81
K I'm not quite sure yyet, but you may have just saved my life with this patch.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Two things to report! In an attempt to make sure you're still alive and updating this thing. :D;;

MP3s work much better at 96kbps, at least for me - RM2k, Win7 64-bit. Anything higher and the quality in-game and in-editor drops considerably.

Second issue, when music fades out with the Fade Out event function, after fading out it'll jump back to full volume. I could add a Play BGM: (OFF) to the event but it might be good to fix this anyway.

Rep:
Level 83
Gaz Membrane
I'm still alive, but the cake is a lie.

Second issue, when music fades out with the Fade Out event function, after fading out it'll jump back to full volume. I could add a Play BGM: (OFF) to the event but it might be good to fix this anyway.

This only happens with MIDIs and has been fixed in an internal version already. Sadly, this version has a different problem (due to RPGXP porting). I'll release the version as soon as I can fix that other problem. RPGXP version should also get released then...

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
This is incredible, sadly it isn't working for me. This could be due to the heavily edited RPG Maker and RT executables I am using (and which I need to use). The problem is that, even after adding the loop into the track's comment section, changing it to mp3.wav (I have tried it without changing the extension) and even messing around with the loop number, it never loops in-game.

I have also tried using the patcher GUI, but that didn't work either.

EDIT: Turns out, any loop I make over 79000ms fails.

EDIT: Okay, it seems like MP3s encoded using LAME do not work correctly in the Loop Editor. I'll just use OGG. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:05:08 PM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 83
Gaz Membrane
Just released Disharmony 0.9.6. This addresses a few bugs. These have been fixed here for a while, but I originally intended to release the next version feature-complete, thus, I wanted to add another few requested features. That didn't work. So, I added another new feature. It's the last entry in the change log:

30.10.2010 Disharmony 0.9.6.43:
- Fixed short pause at start of MIDIs.
- Fixed inconsistency with fading (starting a Non-MIDI again while it is fading in, fade will restart).
- Fixed fadeout for MIDI files (MIDI continued to play after fadeout).
- Fixed MIDI Tempo control (only had 5 different settings before).
- Improved performance at the beginning of loops.
- Fixed playback of files that cannot be sought (e.g. very short OGGs); a loop start point greater than 0 is obviously not supported for such files.
- Added .link.wav support for sound effects.
- Checks for music playing and "played once" could return incorrect values if the music has been faded out. Now, both will say false once a fadeout has been started.
- Added a feature that will set a switch according to a key's state (tool will be added later).

Yes, that's right. Disharmony now allows you to use arbitrary keys with RM2k. Admittedly, I'm not the first one to add this feature, but I think it's done in a nice way.

To enable the feature, do the following:
[Edit: I forgot the very first step: Run finder on your project. Then, go on with the following.]
First, open the RPG_RT.ini for your project in a text editor, e.g. Notepad. Move to the bottom of the file and insert this as a new line:
Code: [Select]
[DisharmonyKeys]
Below this line you can map keyboard keys to switch IDs. I.e., if you map the "4" key to Switch 25, Disharmony will turn on Switch 25 when the "4" key is pressed, and turn it off again when it's released. In order to make this work, simply add for each key a line such as:
Code: [Select]
65=14
Left of the "=" sign is the "virtual key code" of a key. You can find a list of virtual key codes here (use the decimal number on the left). In the example above, I chose 65, the virtual key code for the "A" key. To the right of the "=" sign, you simply put the ID of the switch this key should be matched to (14 in the above example).

I will add a tool that will make editing a bit easier... later. But this should do the trick for the moment.

I hope you like it!

Thanks again to Cherry for making all this possible and supporting me along the way!

Go to download page
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:45:21 PM by derula »

Rep:
Level 82
I played the Song of Storms and my room flooded!
Awww! Amazing! A nice one.
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
Harmony Patcher GUI doesn't seem to be able to patch RPG Maker 2000 Value, only RPG Maker 2003. Also, it won't allow me to patch the RPG Maker 2003 executable. :/

Rep:
Level 83
Gaz Membrane
Harmony Patcher GUI doesn't seem to be able to patch RPG Maker 2000 Value, only RPG Maker 2003. Also, it won't allow me to patch the RPG Maker 2003 executable. :/

Hm, that's weird. I didn't write the patcher itself (just made the GUI for it), but I can talk to the person who made it. Please upload and send me a link to both the executables you've tried it with via PM and I'll talk to him as soon as possible (i.e., most likely this weekend) to find out what's the problem or have him develop a fix :)

Rep:
Level 83
Gaz Membrane
New Disharmony version! The previously mentioned licensing issues have been fixed, plus there's loads of new features!

Here's the changelog:

30.09.2011 Disharmony 0.9.7.52 (Tool versions 0.9.2):
- Fixed licensing issues.
- Volume can now be changed from game Variables without lag.
- Added a GUI to EffectsManager for managing keyboard functionality.
- Added import function for RMXP style loop start points in LoopEditor.
- Fixed language packs to work across different regions with same language.
- Behind-The-Scenes upgrade to Delphi XE.
- Sound effects are now loaded whole (no longer streamed).
- Sound effects are kept in memory for a short time to speed up replay.
- System sound effects are now permanently kept in memory for speed.
- Added improved tracker support based on libmodplug (thanks Mason Wheeler!).
- .link.wav files now also allow links to MIDI files.
- Fixed a small installer bug.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:24:05 AM by derula »

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Sorry for bumping the topic, but I have a Disharmony problem. The thing is that while it fixes the piano music glitch, it also screws up a piano BASED song in a game I'm playing. All the problems are fixed except that the piano theme plays different instruments (it sounds the same). Please reply.

Rep:
Level 83
Gaz Membrane
while it fixes the piano music glitch, it also screws up a piano BASED song in a game I'm playing.

And it sounds like piano music when you open it in a normal music player, like Windows Media Player or Winamp?

The only help I can give is this: try to find a MIDI editor (I'm not sure where to look; I think that back in the day, Anvil Studio, though a very strange user experience, was still the best free option; or else you might try Power Sequencer Plus) and make sure all channels are set to Piano. Next, try to find a "MIDI event view" in the editor and see if there's any instrument-changing events; if there are, adjust them to Piano as well.

If that doesn't help, then I have no idea why that would happen. So I hope it does.

Edit: I wonder how the level-up system works here. I have a higher level than number of posts...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:13:22 PM by derula »

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
I doubt this is still active, but I just wanna say that I have started using this to fix the annoying audio bugs in RM2K, and that it does well, however it likes to randomly lower the ingame music volume when I change songs or sometimes when I teleport to a different map. Also when I have like a song playing at 50% volume and I make it fade-out, the volume bumps up to 100% during the fade-out; it still does the fade-out, though, if you get what I mean?
Other than that I'd like to thank you for the amazing patch.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 83
Gaz Membrane
Hi Milennin, thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I'm not really working on it anymore... I suppose you made sure you're using the latest version (i.e., 0.9.7.54)? (You can check by right-clicking the harmony.dll and selecting 'properties.') Because some of these sound like I've already fixed them at one point (in particular, the fade-out thing), but maybe they somehow sneaked back in.
About changing the ingame volume... have you set any volume control variables with ... that ... tool whose name I forgot, that comes with Disharmony? (If you're not sure, check the RPG_RT.ini, and if there's a Disharmony section and you know you didn't want to use that feature, just remove it.)
Darn, it seems I don't have any significantly older versions archived to test if it used to work earlier, otherwise I would have asked you to do that...

Sorry I'm not of much more help at the moment; I don't even have my old dev environment set up that I used to work on this :(

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Spoiler for:
Hi Milennin, thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I'm not really working on it anymore... I suppose you made sure you're using the latest version (i.e., 0.9.7.54)? (You can check by right-clicking the harmony.dll and selecting 'properties.') Because some of these sound like I've already fixed them at one point (in particular, the fade-out thing), but maybe they somehow sneaked back in.
About changing the ingame volume... have you set any volume control variables with ... that ... tool whose name I forgot, that comes with Disharmony? (If you're not sure, check the RPG_RT.ini, and if there's a Disharmony section and you know you didn't want to use that feature, just remove it.)
Darn, it seems I don't have any significantly older versions archived to test if it used to work earlier, otherwise I would have asked you to do that...

Sorry I'm not of much more help at the moment; I don't even have my old dev environment set up that I used to work on this :(

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.:lol:
Yes, I'm using the latest version of your patch.
Nope, I haven't used the tools that came with your patch at all. Do you mean they could potentially mess up volumes, or would they be able to resolve the issue?

Still, I'm loving this patch, because the bugs that were without it were horrible.=(
And no worries about not updating, it's only minor things. You deserve a medal for making this patch, lol.:lol:
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 83
Gaz Membrane
Do you mean they could potentially mess up volumes, or would they be able to resolve the issue?
I meant that if used unintentionally (or if your RPG_RT.ini has the entries the tool creates for some other reason), EffectsManager (actually had to look up the tool's name...) can potentially mess up volumes. Well the idea of the tool is to enable you to use game variables to control the volume, and if for some reason you have activated that optional feature but use those variables for something else, it'd change volume seemingly mysteriously.
If it's some other kind of bug though (which it seems to be :|), it might also work around the bug. You could try and assign a game variable for the volume (you can use the same variable for each scene / midi channel) and use that variable to control the volume instead of using the controls in the Play Music thing. (Don't worry, you can reset all EffectsManager settings by deleting the Disharmony section from the RPG_RT.ini file if it doesn't help.)

Still, I'm loving this patch, because the bugs that were without it were horrible.=(
And no worries about not updating, it's only minor things. You deserve a medal for making this patch, lol.:lol:
Aww, thanks :) Maybe, one day, someone will nominate me for Community Awards... maybe there will be a category for "fastest sticky achiever", or "highest level with fewest posts", or something...