RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
GIAWV - Locus

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion

Story
Spoiler for:
In the far future, during humanity's march into space, a disaster occurred during the terraforming of the moon, Europa. The Scientific and Colonization station, the Merkabah, was currently the control site for a new experiment that would accelerate the formation of a habitable biosphere on Europa, utilizing special, high-mutation rate organisms known as Poikilotheria. These single-celled organisms were introduced into the waters of Europa to begin building a biosphere. Meanwhile, on the station, more advanced Poikilotheria were being created as the next level of animals and plants for their new world.

But disaster struck, these multi-cellular creatures evolved at an incredible rate and soon overcame their containment and the station's control measures. Though at first only affecting small regions of the station, these subjects soon ran amok on the station and began hunting their human creators and captors. Over half of the population of the station perished before it was decided that the only hope of the survivors of the station was to go into stasis. The escaped creatures, now called Aberrations by the survivors, seemed to not notice life forms in stasis. So the survivors wait in a dreamless sleep for their rescue...

But there were those on the station still with hope of defeating the infestation. One of the scientists responsible for the development of the Poikilotheria developed a technique for inhibiting their evolution. A special type of bio-weapon which would inhibit the rapid mutations of the Poikilotheria enough that they could not adapt defenses to the control methods. However it was found that this bio-weapon would only be accepted into a subject and grow to full effectiveness if implanted during childhood and during controlled growth through puberty. So, the scientists offered his own young daughter to be the test subject, and set her into stasis until her body fully accepted and embraced the procedure...

It's been five years, and now it's time for her to awaken...

Characters
Spoiler for:

Nia Lyons
A young woman whom has been under suspended animation while an experimental treatment took effect. Though her memories have become faded during her time in stasis, she is particularly intelligent woman with a strong will.
The fate of the station now rests in her hands.

Sean Reid
The assistant to Dr. Lyons and a childhood friend of Nia's. He has braved the overrun station in order to awaken Nia and hopefully save the lives of the rest of the colonists and scientists currently in stasis on the station. The journey from the medical deck was not without incident, and now his life is fading as he awakens the station's last hope.

Dr. Lyons
Nia's father and one of the chief scientists aboard the Merkabah, he was amongst the team which spurred the development of the aberrations. His area of study is in mitochondrial DNA and Genetic Modification and was pivotal in his role as chief geneticist.
Perhaps out of his own guilt for helping to create these creatures, he set upon developing a method of eradicating them. In the end, he offered up his own daughter as a test subject, and none can know whether it was out of desperation or convenience...

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Features
Spoiler for:
  • No battles: Puzzles are your key to advancing
  • Gathering of notes and codes for reference later
  • Password input to access new information, items and unlock doors
  • Futuristic look, sound and feel with many custom graphics

Credits

Spoiler for:

Enterbrain
Closet
Nomicom
ZPU
Marshmellow
Shiro
Yanfly
Woratana
Gameclover
Kaduki

Game Download here!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:17:01 PM by joy »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
This looks really cool joy. It makes me want to harass the judges so I can play it sooner :P

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
No harassing the judges, MA. ._.

Also, Joy's game is pure eye candy. :3

Rep:
Level 85
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Okay, lil info on what's happenin here:

I'm gonna go through and fix the bugs that were found by judges and add the cutscenes and extra puzzles I didn't have time to add in a week before releasing the demo, shouldn't take long at all.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Please hurry! This looks like a ton of fun.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 87
Awesome looking game man, hope development goes well!

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
looks very interesting. gl
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 85
Alright, working on the bonus version of Locus! Adding in some new riddles, new aberrations, new zones, more story and more cutscenes to make it a more worthwhile download.

Also doing bugfixes, so! If any of you GIAW judges ran into any bugs/mapping issues/text errors, please please let me know so I can go ahead and fix them now.

My goal is to release this by tommorrow night..call me a loser if I don't!

Rep:
Level 84
I must play this game.  It looks so sweet.  I started crying with joy when i saw it.

Rep:
Level 82
O-M-G!! Cool!! :blizj:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
My goal is to release this by tommorrow night..call me a loser if I don't!

Loser!

Spoiler for:
Just kiddin' Joy.

Rep:
Level 85
OMG I HAVE TO GO SLIT MY WRISTS NOW!

Really I forgot that I have big exams this week and have been studying..almost done though.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
no wrist cutting >:[ you still have Order of the Marten to work on lol

Rep:
Level 85
Oh..I can work on that posthumously.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Study hard, sleep well and pass your exams, we can wait for the demo... but not for long!

Rep:
Level 85
Demo almost done, should be able to get it finished by the weekend, one more big test this week.

Since this game is set around the moon Europa, thought I'd post a little article about some interesting finds about Europa's composition.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/11/091116-jupiter-moon-life-europa-fish.html

Really a fascinating moon, hence why I based my game around it. ;p

Rep:
Level 85
IT IS DONE

Or at least as done as it's getting. Please let me know if you run across any bugs/missing files, I cannot bug test it anymore, brain will melt.

Back to Order of the Marten...

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
YESSSS!

Um... can you tell me the font that I need to play?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:25:47 AM by EvilM00s »

Rep:
Level 85
Woops...Will re-upload one including the font, meanwhile, for those who already downloaded:

http://www.dafont.com/zekton.font

Edit: Download fixed, font included now.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:52:10 PM by joy »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
ooo, i'll download this is get to it on thanksgiving break. starts for me at 5pm today :D

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Woops...Will re-upload one including the font, meanwhile, for those who already downloaded:

http://www.dafont.com/zekton.font

Edit: Download fixed, font included now.

Suh-weet!

Rep:
Level 83
ooo, i'll download this is get to it on thanksgiving break. starts for me at 5pm today :D

Am I allowed to hate you for that?  :mad:  :D

Nice game Joy. I like it :D

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I am totally impressed with the still images, and the gameplay is awsome. Very well done, indeed!
But it's missing a sound file- spacey?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 09:29:05 AM by EvilM00s »

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Damnit! Can't download it and it seems so great from reading the outlines!

Rep:
Level 56
Tower of Hats
I'm guessing you've never played Valkyria Chronicles?
The continent that game takes place in is called Europa haha
Awesome looking game though, once I get some free time I'll definitely give it a shot.