RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Map does not exist" error...

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Well I couldn't find anyone else on here with this problem so here goes.

Yesterday I converted my r2k game to r2k3. I spend a good chunk of the day filling in all the missing pieces and junk. But today I started to work on getting further with the game and during a test run I got an error that said "Event script referenced a map that doesn't exist" and had to close out of the game test. Thing is, I never deleted any maps, at least I don't think I did. So no matter which map I place the "Start Party Position" marker on, it gives my that error every single time.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I think this happened to me once. I think that means that you have an event that makes the character move out of the map, and you refer to an event that is not on the map you are on now, but on the one before.
Hi

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Thanks! After I posted the question I realized that the common event I set up for when everyone dies in battle was incorrect. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!  :)