RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] My WIP

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Posting this mostly because it's a mix of two favorite things. Starwars and James Jean's illustrations. I don't really need criticism per se, since it's supposed to look like the original (read what the assignment was) and because I'm not really an illustrator. lol

Will be complete this Wednesday (considering it's due at the end of class Wednesday hah)

Using CorelPainter11.

Assignment: Take a master painter's artwork, take something from it and alter it slightly.

Well, first is the obvious, James Jean isn't by standards a "master painter", he's an extremely talented contemporary artist, as he's still alive lol. The instructor was referring to the works well known masters like Van Gogh, Monet, Manet, etc. Anyways, this was accepted seeing as how my instructor has a thing for this artist as well. (James Jean being my favorite illustrator.)

My alteration, removing the maze and giving the girl...a light saber. lol

I still have a few things that need to be completed obviously. I didn't do the hair yet, the background shoe, or the boy in the background. Also, I still have yet to add light effects to the saber then, if time permits. Also, I need to fix up a few transparent spots and maybe a small color correction along the way.

Original James Jean's The Maze:
Spoiler for:

Oh, also note that nothing is 'photoshopped' in or whatever, it's all been painted digitally.

Also, what I found to be the most difficult to paint, was the elbow =o. Weird.

Finished her:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:19:29 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I think it looks awesome

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I think you look awesome sir.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Again I stand awed by your skill. I mean that.
:tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I forgot that I finished this: Updated first post =o