RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Which Final Fantasy do you like best?

Poll

What's your favorite game of the series?

Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
They all suck.
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIV: Online
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I think updated graphics are fine. For instance, the GBA remake of final fantasy 1. I never would have played it on the NES, it was too hollow. Solid black backgrounds, every battle, yay boring. The 8-bit graphics were cute, but to be honest a little hard on my eyes. having everything updated with shading and backgrounds helped a lot. Additionally, the music was way better.

Also additionally, I liked the added content. Know what's way better than grinding the same monsters on the same patch of field for hours? Fighting ALL OF THE BOSSES from ALL OF THE GAMES up until six. That shit was so cool.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Also replacing the D&D-like MP system with traditional magic points was a good idea. It may have made the game easier, but it also made it less frustrating.

Rep:
Level 71
Current project: Legend of Chaos (RMXP)
Also replacing the D&D-like MP system with traditional magic points was a good idea. It may have made the game easier, but it also made it less frustrating.

Unfortunately, they still failed in actually introducing a good plot into the game, which is why I could never be arsed to beat it.  :P
Current project: Legend of Chaos (RMXP)

Progression
Story: 13%
Characters: 25%
Classes: 25%
Map: 0%
Demo: 0%

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
all i know about the plot of ff 1 i picked up from reading 8 bit theater. i played the gba game and man is that shit tedious GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND or die from poison in about 3 seconds