RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] Epson's Awesome Profile Pictures!

Rep:
Level 89
... I got nothing.
So, a few days ago, I had discovered that I had lost those profile pictures included when you download RPG Maker VX.
And so I began to work on editing the pictures.
On to the pictures. I've arranged them to face Left and Right, I've edited them to be blurry, darkened, epic-looking, mysterious, ghostly and statue-like. And they're located in 7 separate .Rar files.
Normal
Blurry
Darkened
Mysterious
Epic-Looking
Statue-Like
Ghost-Like

I've also posted the first actor in four different versions:
Spoiler for:

Normal

Facing Right

Blurry

Darkened

Mystery

I added ghost-like, statue and epic-like styles. Leave your thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:04:44 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think that's a pretty good idea. The darkened one looks better than the original I think, and I can see the Mystery being helpful when introducing a character who you don't want to reveal entirely yet. Nice work Epson.
~Moved to Database

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I don't particularly see how this took you awhile. You can do this in under 2 minutes, if that in photoshop.

1: It's the normal profile - Done
2: Edit>Transform>Flip Horizontal - Done
3: Filter>Blur>Guassian Blur>4px - Done
4: Image>Adjustments>Brightness/Contrast>Brightness -50, Contrast +50 - Done
5: Image>Adjustments>Exposure>Exposure -20 - Done

I tested it, and it took about 47 seconds, not including saving each file.

Ghosty:
3 Layers.
Step 1: Take the portrait and copy that layer 2 times (to make 3 layers)
Step 2: The middle layer, desaturate it, and then invert the colors.
Step 3: The middle layer, apply a gaussian blur of like 10px to it, then set that layer as OVERLAY
Step 4: The top layer, set that layer to Color Burn and change its opacity to like 36%
Step 5: Change the bottom layer's opacity to like 60% and apply a gaussian blur of about 6px.
Done.

Stoney:
That's just 2 layers.
1: Desaturate the profile picture.
2: Make it darker and have higher contrast.
3: Import a stone texture and place it on a new layer above the profile picture.
4: Set the stone texture as Overlay and make it have higher contrast.
Done.

I don't know what an "epic like" is.

Nice additions otherwise. It saves other people time having to do it themselves. Looks like I took too long to post this and MA moved it to the database before I could.

P.S. I used http://visual.literaryspring.com/gallery/albums/resources2/texture800oooo.png for the stone texture. (Purposely didn't put it in [img] tags.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:50:50 PM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 89
... I got nothing.
It took me a while because I did it for every single character's picture one, changing it 5 different times, and I have a short attention span.

UPDATE: Added the Ghost-like, Statue and Epic-Like Profiles along with Face Graphics into their respective folders.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 12:32:34 AM by epson777341 »