RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Modern_Algebra Appreciation Thread

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This man does so much for the forums. Scripting; you all know, but what you may not know is that he also does a lot of the backstage stuff. He helps keep this place neat and organized, and he seems to always do it obligingly. Sometimes I feel that he's under-appreciated, so let's all let him know how much we care~
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:24:13 AM by D???ΓΈ?_????d »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I love him, anyways, even though he never played DotA with me. <3

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Attractive Female Member
I <3 MA. He's by far one of the most helpful people here. And he's wicked smart too.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Modern is a cool guy. i wish he'd come on irc sometimes.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Namkcor and I were talking about how awesome he was the other day in vent :)

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
really, without Modern the RM section of the forums would be in utter disarray.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Oh god, where to begin?

Modern Algebra is the backbone of RMRK. He's the responsible one who keeps us afloat. He's the one who's organized most everything you see in the game creation section, and has taken up the role of leader when things come to it. He's a keen maker and follower of rules, but not to the point of being a jackass like you'd expect of someone like that. He is an expert scripter, and takes the time to look through more topics than most of us even have patience for. He's a great man who doesn't get nearly the amount of respect and recognition he deserves. He should be paid for the amount of effort he puts into helping people, seriously.

tl;dr - I LOVE YOU MAN. *hug*

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Just from the amount of scripting he does, he's got my vote for mayor.
:tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
He always finds away to make bad situations go good and is always helpful. :)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I love Modern_Algebra <3
I have as far as I remember appreciated MA both as a friend and as my scripting student :3
He has so much energy and put so much of it into this site. I just wish I even had half his energy.

*gives Modern a super hug*
 - Zeriab

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
Awww, thanks you guys; this means a lot to me :-[

Really though, whatever effort I have put into RMRK has been rewarded a dozen times over because this is such a great community. It was the first forum I ever participated in and it's the only one that's ever kept my attention. I'm sure I wouldn't be here if it weren't for every regular of RMRK, making this semi-fictional place one of the most enjoyable on the internet.

@Zeriab - aww thank you - sorry about the latest assignment though; GIAW intervened. Don't take it out on the whipping boy; I feel badly for him :P

@Zylos - <3. Though sometimes I'm a little frustrated with the way I suggested we organize the RM sections. Sooo many child boards :(

@joy - I swear I'll get around to that battle system modification one day...

@Holk -  :D You're not taking enough credit yourself. The newsletter was your idea; you got rid of fumannchu; you're a huge part of what makes this community so enjoyable.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
The thing I like about MA is that even though he is great at everything he does, he's really humble. He won't get all proud and start flaming, or shoot other people down because they aren't good enough

and he is also sexymath.
Arlen is hot.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
You know I won't take out the whipping boy. I'll just make the assignments harder if you displease me ^_^
You haven't, but I do look forward to your submission :3