RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RRESOLVED]Help in creating Death Quotes

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Hi
First of all, I would like to apologize, IF this is in the wrong forum (I figured it could also be put in event system)
If it is, mods can you please move it
anyways, onto the request
I am interested in making death quotes, I would like it to be applicable anywhere, so if a character is inflicted with knockout, a text box pops up saying the characters last words.

I was partially successful in doing this, I tried doing it in common events, but it did not work

Thanks for any help i get :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 12:38:49 PM by IAMFORTE »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Just saying this but . . . wouldn't that become annoying? I know it would become annoying for me everytime one of my characters got knock-out a text box appeared interrupting gameplay saying their last words. @__@ The idea sounds good but, in the long run . . . kinda would tick one off.

Rep:
Level 85
Perhaps, but what if you don't die as much, if you've ever played fire emblem, you might know that death qoutes are a way of adding flesh to the story, in my case, i am using them to help with personality, as well as giving hints to later in game choices. But okay, what if i did a sound effect for each character saying their last words? could i do it the same way?
And as a final note, if you die alot in my game, chances are your not where you should be, you've been lazy,stingy, etc

Rep:
Level 85
ack XD... you mean i have to turn it on EVERY map XD, thats gonna take some time XD

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
actually, make a common event, and just turn it on on the beginning of the game. that will be active for every map, and won't need to put it on every map, but in common event =)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 85