RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"RGSS player has stopped working"

Rep:
Level 83
I'm trying Email my friend a link to a game I made on a upload site and the download all goes over well but when he opens the game, it says: "RGSS player has stopped working" and I can't seem to figure it out.....

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
lol, did it literally say "RGSS player has stopped working"? Or is there an actual error you can post?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'm sure windows would say that if RGSS crashed.

Rep:
Level 83
Umm I'll have to ask my friend again. So Ill post/edit when i get the exact message.

Rep:
Level 87
"RGSS Player has stopped working" is the exact error.  I've seen this error reported often.

Get him to open the Game.ini file and check what DLL it's referring to.  Then get him to check that he's actually GOT that DLL.  If he doesn't, he either needs to change the ini file to use the one he's got, or (probably preferable) get the correct DLL from the Enterbrain site.

If he's on Vista, also get him to right-click on the exe file, and change it to run as administrator, and to run in XP Compatibility mode.

I've seen all of these suggested as a solution to the problem.  Make sure you come back and tell us which one (if any) worked ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:41:18 AM by shaz »
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 83
Ok, so i need to copy all of the RTP stuff into my project folder along with everything else. He doesn't have RPG Maker, I'm just sending him my game to play. now what about the .DLL? sorry I'm not the brightest at things like this.

Rep:
Level 87
sorry - forget the RTP stuff.  I was thinking of the dll.

Just check what dll is mentioned in your Game.ini file, and make sure he's got that one installed.  If he doesn't, you should just be able to find it on your system and send it to him (it'll probably be somewhere like c:\Windows\System32\RGSS102E.dll)

Rep:
Level 83
Ohh thanks, i was a little comfused on where to look to find the stuff but I got it. So all i need to do is find the correct .DLL and send it to him with the game folder or in the game folder?

Rep:
Level 87
no - he'll need to put it in the right place.  If it's in c:\windows\system32 on your system, then that's where he needs to put it.

Note - I don't know for sure that this is going to fix the problem.  It's just one of the suggestions I've often seen made.

Rep:
Level 83
Well ok I think I get it, the only problem is that I'll have to do this tomorrow and I can't find the .DLL file I'm looking for which should be RGSS102E.dll its not where you suggested and I searched my computer to find nothing ill look more tomorrow I guess.

Rep:
Level 87
look for RGSS* - what does your Game.ini file say?

You might need to tell it to search hidden/system files and folders too.

Rep:
Level 83
My .ini file says:
[Game]
Library=RGSS102E.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rxdata
Title=Hayden 3
RTP1=Standard
RTP2=
RTP3=

I searched for this: RGSS102E.dll but I might search again in hidden places and system files and what not.

EDIT: Ok so I searched for "RGSS" and I got 7 different .dll's and 2 of them are RGSS102E.dll should i just send both of those?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:56:48 AM by ?????? »

Rep:
Level 87
If one of them is in Windows\system32, send that one, and tell him to put it in the same place.