RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
need some help with some ideas

Rep:
Level 84
I am currently working on a game where I came up with some different things in my mind that I would like to do.

1. Home grown items, Items that come from a specific characters home area is worth double ( ATK, DEF, Health restore, etc.) for that one character or characters then it is for regualr characters.

2. Name Shops, when you go into a shop and you enter shop mode I want it to say the name of the shop on the same screen. just to give each shop its own personal touch

3 Purchasing recruits or back up monsters for battle, I want to have a shop where you can but back up recurits to come with you or you can buy a monster to back you up but once they run out of HP they automaticly leave your party and have to be bought again.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out or give me ideas on where to look.
When The dust clears I shall be the sole survivor

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?
Can the first be a item that is Effect All?
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

Rep:
Level 84
let me give an example of what I mean, the main character is from an Island town and there is a special fruit that grows there. what I mean by Home Grown items is say the main hero uses this special fruit to restore HP it does double the restore power to him since he is from the place where it comes from where as when I use it on anyone else it just does the normal effect

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?
Well, such a effect is hard to do with single target items, but it could easily be done with a item that effects the whole party.
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

Rep:
Level 84
Would i just make an item that effects the whole party then?

Any ideas on the other two things I was thinking of putting into my game?

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks I appreciate the help

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks for helping

I'll give #1 a shot and try it out but I will agree with what you are saying since I am using the default RMXP battle system, gaining that much HP from menu use isnt good but I will take a look at it. Would it only apply to just HP restore items because I was thinking of using it for anything , weapons armors and other stuff

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Okay IDK if this is not needed but I'll add my input.

Okay make a Common event. Like this. Name Check_Ralph. Make the trigger Parallel process.

Conditional branch: if Ralph is in party.
  Control var. [homegrown_food_Ralph] =1

Else
 control var. [homegrown_food_Ralph] = 0

Branch End.

Now make a Common Event like this. Name Home Item_Ralph. Set trigger to none.

Conditional Branch:Variable [homegrown_food_Ralph] ==1
  Change HP [Ralph] + 100                 *This will make it so Ralph is healed for double.
  Change HP Entire Party + 100

Else

Change HP Entire Party + 100           * This should make it heal normal should Ralph not be in the party.

Branch End

Now Create an Item called Apple( my choice).
* it Should have these characteristics.
But rest are up to you.

Set the common event used to Home Item_Ralph
Make shure Recovery Effects are all zero. We wont need them.

I believe that should work tell me if you get it to work.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
OLD THREAD IS OLD.

Check the dates before you post to make sure you're not necroposting.