RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Don's airship in the rm2k demo

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
\/\/47 r j00 100k!n @ ?
I was wondering if anyone could help me I am making a game and the main source of travel is by airship. I studied Don's system on the demo that u get with the rm2k program, but i cant get it to work wen i do it myself. Can som1 tel me how to make it wer u talk to the guy and you start driving the airship?  :)

(If I posted in the wrong place, or did sompin wrong, please tell me this is my first post.)
OMG THERE IS A BEAR IN MY SIG!!(")(*_*)(")RAWR!

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
It should be in Troubleshooting, but you were pretty close.

Anyway, it sounds like you just need a simple enter vehicle command. So, I would assume your scene before you fly the airship is something like

Man: Dood, I just found you this sweet flying boat.
You: Cool, can I has?
Man: Yeah.
You: Nice.

(Well, I would hope it's better than that...)

Make your scene as you would, then hide the screen. Go into 'set vehicle start position (Page 2),' make the vehicle your airship, and set its location to right where you're standing, or close to it. (If you want to go to another map, just say so, it's a slightly different process) (And if you want it to just appear over you wherever you're standing, it takes a little more work.)

Go back to page 2 and "enter vehicle." Show the screen, and you're flying!

Spoiler for This is what it looks like in the event box:

\/\/47 r j00 100k!n @ ?
Cool thnx man. I think that will help.  ;D

\/\/47 r j00 100k!n @ ?
Hey just for future reference How do you make it wer u ride were ever youre standing?  ;8

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
That takes lots of parallel processing, input commands, and location variables. Maybe I'll make a tut for it later.

\/\/47 r j00 100k!n @ ?
Mkay. Jest wonderin.