RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gamespot's all time greatest video game hero

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
http://uk.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-hero/standings/index.html

This is sure to disappoint some people. In before cloud strife wins?  :mad:

Stupidity so far:

Guybrush Threepwood beaten by Wander (who the hell is wander?)

Abe beaten by Ryu (it's ODDWORLD!, ryu is just one of many fighters in SF, abe is THE game ._.)

Phoenix Wright beaten by Little Mac (who?)

Excellence so far:

Master Chief beaten by Bub & Bob (I don't even know who Bub & Bob are, but so long as master chief lost :D)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:10:08 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I just don't want Lara to be beaten in the first round. That would make me happy ;9

Also, 9 hours left of this round everyone go vote :3
:taco: :taco: :taco:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

Stupidity so far:

Abe beaten by Ryu (it's ODDWORLD!, ryu is just one of many fighters in SF, abe is THE game ._.)

Excellence so far:

Master Chief beaten by Bub & Bob (I don't even know who Bub & Bob are, but so long as master chief lost :D)
God damn, you don't know anything. You're as bad as the people who write in the comments, for example, that MANNY IS A WUSSY DANTE COULD BEAT HIM UP ANY DAY DEVIL MAY CRY WINS.

Learn your games and characters first -then- go and participate in these sorts of things. Don't feel too alone though, pretty much all of them are ignorant to characters not made in the last 4/5 years.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Little Mac is from Punch-Out, and I would have to agree with the result of that one.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer

Stupidity so far:

Excellence so far:

You don't know who Wander, Little Mac & Bub and Bob are?

:-X
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
No idea who wander is, never played shadow. Only heard about the game, not about him (ever, anywhere).

I've played and of course heard about punch out, I never remember anyone called little mac.

Heard of bubble bobble, not played it, didn't know who bub and bob were.

A videogame hero is somebody you'd remember I think :)
bringing sexy back

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
No idea who wander is, never played shadow. Only heard about the game, not about him (ever, anywhere).

I've played and of course heard about punch out, I never remember anyone called little mac.

Heard of bubble bobble, not played it, didn't know who bub and bob were.

A videogame hero is somebody you'd remember I think :)
No, somebody you'd remember is the one with the most advertising and hype.

See: Master Chief.

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
WTF he's the main character, you PLAY him.
  - 

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If Sonic wins, I'm never playing video games again.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
From within, we all know that Mario is gonna win.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Bub and Bob are beating sonic 70% to 30%.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

If Cloud wins, I'm never playing video games again.

edit:
I can see Megaman, Mario, Gordon Freeman, and Link making it to the "fabled four"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:54:15 PM by ??????? »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Megaman faces Bub and Bob before that. He's going to lose.

Link also might lose to Duke Nukem before that.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
It's going to be B&B against Duke Nukem. Who will win?
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
who the hell are Bub and Bob?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
As fun as Bubble Bobble is, they are definitely not close to the greatest video game characters. They're barely characters at all, just character designs.

I think it's silly that Toejam & Earl didn't even make it on the list also.

I think Link will beat Duke Nukem.

My guess for the finals is Link vs. Lara Croft

Gordon Freeman better not make it past Snake. He shouldn't have even made it past Bomberman.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:49:54 PM by modern algebra »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
From "Bubble Bobble." They're the people you control.

And I could understand the winners (except for the games that I don't know because yeh). Of course, that's with what I know of it.

Also, there's no criteria for voting so I don't know why you guys complain. It's not like you have to know everyone before voting or if you're voting on how the game was or whatnot. You could just be voting because you like how they look.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Gordon Freeman better not make it past Snake. He shouldn't have even made it past Bomberman.

uhh, we're talking
Spoiler for Gordon Freeman:

not
Spoiler for Morgan Freeman:

he totally deserves to win.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm pretty sure even if we were talking about

that he should still win.

Rep:
Level 102
Snake > Gordon Freeman

Anyone who disagrees likes everything Valve does because it's cool to like Valve.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
You guys need to understand that several boards on 4chan are rigging this so that Bubble Bobble will face off with Duke Nukem at the end. It's sort of pointless to think anybody will win except for those two...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
i don't know anyone who cares about 4chan. It's kind of like America how you think your vote counts but it doesn't. funny really.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Snake < Gordon Freeman

Anyone who disagrees likes everything Nintendo does because it's cool to like Nintendo.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
I'm pretty sure Konami isn't Nintendo.

Rep:
Level 94
Snake deserves to win over Gordon Freeman for one simple reason: Snake is actually a character.