RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Space Gears[Demo 1.00]

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
Space Gears

The Futuristic Space Gears game is located in space. You need to wear a helmet each time you walk out of an Asteroid-town. These are small towns located on the Asteroids. Your house is located on Aerion. It's almost empty, and it does only contain a bed and a small desk. If you don't wear your helmet, you'll explode and die.
It's a one-man project (for now(?)) so it's going to take a while. The good news is that I have time enough to work on the game.

Story:
Spoiler for:
Actually, there is no story. The game doesn't have an ending. You just buy stuff, sell stuff, make stuff, collect stuff and start again... It a little bit like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing.
There is one thing to notice: The 'God' in this game is Kristel the protector. This is the 'god' in all of my games containing churches etc.

Information about attachments:
Spoiler for:
on att. 1: You see Ben and John. Two NPC's that won't show up later, because they die.
att. 2: You see the area on Aerion where a bridge can be build.
att. 3: This is your house. The arrows are there to get to an other area. I though it would be nice if you don't need to hit the map's edge, but hit the arrow to get to the next area.
att. 4: This is the town of Aerion. On each of the asteroids is at least one town. If you see the two graves in top: Those are from Ben and John...

Information about the game:
Spoiler for:
There are thing to do like smashing rocks to obtain rocks(how predictable?), cutting trees and trading spices. You can also buy furniture and build bridges. Most of the game you'll be in space, but you can go to Zetagon, the planet that holds the asteroids(there are 7) in Zetagon's Ring. To get money you can work, sell items or you can do bad things: Steal stuff, pickpocket people... When you do this you have the chance of being seen. (this works with random numbers ex.: 0~50= good 51~100= fail.You have the chance of going to jail. There you can do several things.
You can obtain certain equipment to do things like lights to see in the dark caves, and mouthcaps to survive poisonous damps. You get tired and hungry, and you can make food by farming or animals, and you can sleep to refill tiredness. There's hope, which will also drop slowly. To fill it you have to go to church or an altar. When tired is 0- you'll fall asleep and wake up in the hospital. When hunger is 0- you die. When hope is 0- you don't want to do anything= working, farming and even cooking...
All your stats(STR,INT) start at 0. You can raise them by training, reading etc. and your SP counts as energy. Each time you smash a rock it will drop. with better STR you can smash harder rocks, and so on... When SP reaches 0 you can't do anything like smashing rocks and cutting trees. After sleeping it refills. Also with caffeine your sleep raises, but it won't fill up to 100% at once. You can also receive Peril and a mobile phone by talking to Thomas, the old man at the Aerion spaceport. You could also hunt for easter eggs.

Features:
Spoiler for:
- working
- mining rocks
- buying furniture
- hunger
- hope
- tired
- going to jail
- trading spices
- cheat system(works with the mobile telephone)
- 5 collectible easter eggs

Features unfinished:
Spoiler for:
-thieving
-cooking
-cutting trees
-farming
-training
-Spices
I don't have these things yet...

Progress:
Spoiler for:
Finished Asteroids/work in progress: Aerion, Alphus.

Credits:
Spoiler for:
Me- I did the mapping(duh), sprite editing(player sprite,the original had a ponytail), icons, charactersets etc.
albertfish- Replacement script(to change play time into location).
Mjustin- Spices (random prices).

(I have some other topics, asking stuff like the thing of spices and such, these will come here and in the game's credits.)

Cheats:
Spoiler for:
The cheats are revealed in the game. You can find them, and then call them by typing the exact code into your phone.

Now working on:

- Character (Clothes repaints)
- Charsets Easter eggs and Clothes(the ones you can wear for shop)
- Alphus
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:31:09 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
looks VERY cool will be trying this when you get a demo up :D
keep up the great work

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Creator of TLOTFR and is quite friendly :D
Looks nice :D
One thing ive just got to say... you see tiles... in my opinion, i dont thing they work very well...
maybe use a different tiles.. ones which are not so straight.

Apart from that.. nice :D

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
Well, The graphics are not important, as long as the graphics are at least Ok, you don't need to worry. The gameplay is the most important. And the tiles are just RTP (for now(?)), the town is just copy paste two tilesets(space+town) into one file on paint, and you've got it.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 12:57:53 PM by knightzero45 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Creator of TLOTFR and is quite friendly :D
oh no i didnt mean that i mean lke... use a different tiles.. one of the auto-tile ones... those would look more like they are in the ground a bit, like part of the rock.. i think it will make it look a bit better

Rep:
Level 83
It does look a bit bland, but what can you expect... Your in space its not like you can grow flowers/grass/bushes and what not. I saw a few mapping errors. Below the house, the edge is messed up. Other than that, the games sounds/looks like a lot of fun it should be interesting how you can implement the mining/cooking/spice system stuff.
Looking forward to a demo.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
If you don't wear your helmet, you'll explode and die.
People don't explode without space helmets/suits. They'll eventually (maybe a minute or so) just pass out do to lack of oxygen. This obviously is followed by death from not breathing, if they're not rescued.

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
@That crazy letters named guy: I fixed the error, the demo will be released when I have added some more stuff, It won't take long anymore.

@Irock: Ok, then it's a new thing I've learned(:P) but I'll keep it this way in the game, because it wouldn't look good if you walk and then suddenly fall down without seeing you fall, you just see the 'down' graphic, and then you're game over... Now it looks like you explode and you dissapear, or actually explode into nothing but blood... I think it's nice how it is now.

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
Demo's out!: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=27SN572K
I think this isn't a new project anymore...

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Hoooraayyyy! Dling now!

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I might check this out soon, since I am bored these days O_O.

Also, either a mod will move it when s/he sees the demo, or you have to request a move to the normal RMXP forums.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFZBVWCJ

New download link, found some bugs.

Requesting help:
I'm seeking people to fill this functions, not fulltime:
-Mapping help
-Spriting help, I can sprite myself, but a helper will make it faster
-BGMcreators(optional), because I want music for the game
-Picture drawers/makers, to make ex. Titlescreens and in-game pics.

You'll get in the credits, and in the team list. Would you leave, then you'll be deleted from the team list but stay in the credits.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:18:33 PM by knightzero45 »

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
I'm making progress on the new demo. It will take some time but I think it'll be out within a month or two. I can tell ya one thing; the maps in the existing demo will look a little bit different...

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
Soon...
Christmas demo's coming up. Not everything can be done in the timelimit, but I'll try. Hope you'll like it. Just wait a few days.