RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Unlimited Actors Custom Menu System

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
do you have a replacement script?

let me reprhase that, do you have soemthing you want to put in instead?

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
First off, let me say this is my favorite CMS out of all of the ones listed on this site, mostly because it works great with the font that I preferred to use, and because it's purdy. >.<

Anyways, I have a bit of a request or inquiry or whatever you want to call it.

I'd like to change the "Bestiary" option to have a pop-out menu like when you choose "System", but with only 2 options, Items and Monsters, so that I can give access to both the item book and the bestiary without having to add/change another option.

How would I go about doing this? Such as, which lines to change, and what to insert into the script.

I have zero knowledge of RGSS, so I must resort to asking for help.

Thanks in advance for your responses. :3

EDIT: I also need to know what to replace "$scene = Scene_Map.new" with in order to make the Bestiary and Item Book go back to the menu, rather than going back to the map.

EDIT #2: I'm probably asking for too much, but is it possible, when a character reaches level 99, to have their level change to MAX instead of displaying the number 99?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:13:30 PM by Luminescence »

Rep:
Level 85
computer had aids so i was away for a couple of days, the first thing you want is fairly easy i hope >_<
the second is also easy
I have no idea how to do the third one, sorry

Ill start this soon

RMRK Junior
Yay. You rock. I'll keep checking back, no hurry though, I have plenty of time. :D

RMRK Junior
Ok, I have another question about this script. >.<

Is there a way to have a different picture for the in-game battler and the battler shown on the Status screen? I have busts of my characters that I want to use in battle, but I want a full body battler to show on the Status screen...

I know it's probably something to do with this line;

"battler = RPG::Cache.battler(@actor.battler_name, @actor.battler_hue)"

which I could probably change to something like;

"face = RPG::Cache.picture("Faces/" + $change_face.face(@actor.id))"

and change "Faces/" to another folder... I just don't want to mess with the script until I know for sure what I'm doing.

Also, speaking of faces, does anyone know where I could find RTP faces that actually fit on the menu? Everything I've found is too big, I don't have PhotoShop, and when I try to resize anything in paint, it messes with the transparency.

So yeah, any help is greatly appreciated, eventually I'll actually get around to do something rather than testing scripts and events that I want... I currently have one map on my game, and I'm only using it for testing events. >.<

Rep:
Level 85
The relocation of iamges is bawlz easy, as for resizes, what stuff do you need, i could probs do it for you
or oyu could fetch gimp and use that :)

Rep:
Level 85
Hey, luminesence, do you need the formation tab? becuase itd be better if i add the items instead of formation.

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
sorry but could someone tell me where the code is?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You have to download the demo. It's attached at the end of the first post.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
Derpy Fan/Pegasister
I got a huge problem. I am working on a game and I have everything needed to make it work but it keeps saying I dont have the status icon when I do in the game. Help.

Rainbow Dash: Careful now Derpy! You don't wanna do anymore damage than you already done...
Derpy: I just don't know what went wrong!
*Derpy accidently electrocutes herself*

Rep:
Level 85
Are you certain that the icons you do have are located in the icons directory, and that the file names are exactly the same as in the script?

Rep: +0/-0Level 48
RMRK Junior
Hi

This script is awesome, I really love the CMS and everything in it... but I'm having problems making it work. :(
Whenever I have viewed the Bestiary, saving doesn't work. I try to save and it displays this message:

Script Menu line 2994: TypeError occured.
no marshal_dump is defined for class Window_Enemy

I'm a horrible scripter. Please help?