RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Posting / Embedding your audio files

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
(Redone as of May 28th 2012)

Direct Embedding

The simplest way you can embed audio is to embed a file directly, with either [mp3] or [m4a] tags. Simply put a direct url to your .mp3 or .m4a file in between these tags and a player will be spit out :) For example with [mp3]http://rmrk.net/sunosis.mp3[/mp3]:

Download http://rmrk.net/sunosis.mp3

One thing that seems iffy is using an attached file url in mp3 or m4a tags. Sometimes it seems to work, other times not. Appending ".mp3" to an attachment url won't stop the link working and might get you success. It seems to work on and off depending on SMF version and whatever browser you're using :|

Soundcloud

Rather simple:

[soundcloud]7016087[/soundcloud]

Will show up as:

The number is the song ID. This can be found in the normal embed code given to you by soundcloud when you choose the share option. An easy way to see the ID is to click share and then choose the wordpress option, you will see the ID without having to scroll through lots of HTML to find it:

There is also playlist support. You get the playlist ID in the same way as you get the ID for a track above, though the bbcode looks like this:

[soundcloud=playlist]168921[/soundcloud]

This will display like so:

Mixcloud

Finally comes mixcloud support. For this, just wrap a mix URL in [mixcloud] tags. For example, [mixcloud]http://www.mixcloud.com/roph/kick-back-2/[/mixcloud] becomes this:

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:45:29 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Ohhhh. very cool. I never knew how to do that, I just stuck with hoping to find whatever on Grooveshark. Very nice to know :) Thanks.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Woohoo, I feel smart for already knowing this. I also feel conceited for saying that.

Anyways, good pro tip to remember. ^_^

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I didn't know adding .mp3 to an attached mp3 file url would do the trick. ;o;

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
Can we upload midi files if that's how we wrote them?  I am an avid musician using the likes of Cakewalk Sonar x1 Producer, but save a lot of files to Midi and edit with an older program to make compatible midi files for use in RPG maker.  (I convert most of mine to MIDI for simplicity/campatibility/size in my games)
My Soundcloud:

RMRK Forum - Musical "Works in Progress"
I'm a Musician (Sonar X1, Piano, Guitar, game music inspired), and a visual artist/animator (Adobe Photoshop/After FX).
My musical inspirations include Sigur Ros, Pat Metheny, Andy McKee, Tool, Yokko Kanno, Yasunori Mitsuda, etc, to name a variety.
My favorite RPG series is Breath of Fire.
I love RPG's, & enjoy dabbling with RPG Maker, & am considering projects to start someday.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Redid the first post, added mixcloud support :)
bringing sexy back