RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zylos' Puzzle Package! (VX)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
So, lately I've been trying to develop a series of various puzzles, traps, and mini-games for new users to plug and play into their games. While going through my files, I remembered a package of puzzles I had made for Leventhan last summer for his game Project Leviathan. It took a small while to find an original, unaltered version of the file, but I've got it. Since Leventhan seems to have disappeared from RMRK, I figured I'd share these with the rest of you now. They're a bit outdated, and some are more complicated than they need to be, but they are working puzzles and have thoroughly detailed explanations for what almost every single event does and why it's needed.

• 1. Box Pushing Puzzle - Push the boxes onto the switches in order to open the door.
  • 2. Moving Tile Puzzle - Get to the other side of the chasm through a strategicly changing grid.
  • 3. Mine Cart Challenge - Ride in a cart and avoid the TNT barrels until you’ve reached the finish point.
  • 4. Turning Statue Puzzle - Turn the statues so that their line of vision forms a square.
  • 5. Picture Sliding Puzzle - Slide the pieces around so that they make a whole picture.
  • 6. Music Jingle Puzzle - Press the buttons in the right order to play a specific jingle.

As I said, it was made last year, so it's a bit outdated but still very useful to learn from and apply to your own game. So, enjoy!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This is great, Zylos. Nice work. I will download now.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Favorite Staff Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Interesting, nice work.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
That will help many people, i'm sure of it.
Well done.

(how do you make the link witht the number of times that the item got downloaded?)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Sounds really nice!

Dunno if you want to, but you would help a lot of people if you make this for XP as well. :)
  - 

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
That will help many people, i'm sure of it.
Well done.

(how do you make the link witht the number of times that the item got downloaded?)

You just attach the file to your post, you don't link it.

Sounds really nice!

Dunno if you want to, but you would help a lot of people if you make this for XP as well. :)

As a matter of fact, I am doing just that now, but with something much newer and even easier to plug in. I'm trying to creat an XP package that contains puzzles with no scripts, outside resources, common events, or even switches or variables. Just plain map events and self switches. This here was an old file I made for one person, but decided it could benefit everyone who wanted to learn a little bit on VX.

Rep:
Level 89
Coolest event system for now here. Good job!  :D
Regards,
Mike

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
This is SO going into my project. You are the man... fox... uh, person!
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RPGVX Advanced (I Do Not Script Tough)
Your The Best Eventer I EVER Knowed!! ;8
I Do Not Understand Anything About Variables ..HeHe..

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I noticed I can't sticky this topic, I prolly lost my mod powers

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
You shouldn't have - you were still mod of tutorials. I added you back.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Thanks! Oh and it's already stickied now haha nice :D

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Thanks for stickying this, it's an awesome way to learn to event some complicated systems.