RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] IAMFORTE's Face shop?

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Oh Hai, welcome to my face shop : D

Here  I make face sprites in the FE Style, as seen below V

THINGS I DON'T DO:
Anything, relitivley not human (bunny like things, furry stuff, demons etc)
THINGS I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO DO:
Anything with Unique headgear (magicians hats, helmets, etc)

I apologize, but any attempts at they above may or may not look like crap...

In any case, Heres some things to keep in mind while requesting.
- If you have a charset or battler, include it as it will make my job alot easier.
-If you have neither, A good suitable description is helpful, detailing the armor type (heavy, Light, Medium, Whatever) Sex, (male or female duhh), average age (old or young or teen etc), hair colour, hair style, armor colour, eye colour etc.
-If you have references, please include those as well
- not really necasarry, but it's sometimes helpful, A description of the character's character (are they mean, nice, kind, dumb, etc) this will help with eyes and stuff that I pick

Another little note, I normally do smaller requests first, like single faces etc. I often add little bits on which sometimes make the character look better, in short, want better sprites, make smaller requests (like 1 -2 at a time)

Perhaps, there will soon be a downloadable package of VX made sprites in this format (perhaps XD) I kinda have to find out sorta....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:45:03 PM by modern algebra »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
So you can draw face sprites just like in your avatar?

Well, just as a test, try making Arshes/Aluxes, the default RMXP hero. This'll give you a good example to show people whether you mean business or if you just ripped your avatar from some place and think you can edit it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Well, do Arshes if you like, but in case you don't I'd like a faceset for the attached character.

If it could be 96x96 or larger than that would be great.

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
So question, I'm useing this Script that allows me to put a picture in the text box(to show the player who there talking to, most is what its used for). but when i use the thing you created, i get all of those little faces...same goes when i use the other files of the many Sprites...what i'm asking is if you could make the same face you made before but a little bigger and only one in the middle. so when i i use it, the picture is of one face and the player can see who there talking to. Thank you if you can!
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 85
well I will work on Modern algebra's first
but i see your point zylos
and kidfox, explain a little better
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 12:28:50 PM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
I want to be able to see the face of the person talking. haha. ok i have a letter by letter script that allows me to type \face[X]. Now instead of X i put the file name and when then i put the text i want the Event to say. When i play my game and talk to the Event the message apears with the picture that i set it to. BUT i only have pictures of characters like the one you made, with mulitlpe faces (side veiws and all). so when i put the file of the picture (like the one you made up above) it looks werid with all the many faces of the same guy. i hope your understanding what i mean. my request is that you make the same face, but only one, looking straight forward. it also has to be a bit bigger and centered for it to look normal in the message box. maybe make him look like hes a guy with a past...haha. I hope i was more help than last time. And I am very thankful that your at least interested in maybe helping me...it would be AMAZING if you could help! Thank you!
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 85
for zylos

shows a little bit that i made most of it

and for modern

this is what i have so far, if it is acceptable, i will resize

now i will attempt kidfoxes, that is if i can glean enough info from his description
*EDIT* Kid fox, i don't know if i can make it stare fully forward, and i would like to know which message system you have so i can space it accordingly also, i need some more particulars about the character, what color hair, what length, what type of clothing, heavy armor, or light gear etc, some specifics, or if you don't have any preferences, ill decide myself
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:35:06 PM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
This is fantastic!  ;D

Keep up the good work.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, that looks great to me - hopefully it will resize nicely to 96x96.

Also, are the base faces you are using made by you or ripped from somewhere? They remind me of Fire Emblem. In any case, keep up the good work.

Rep:
Level 85
glad you like it modern, yes they are from fire emblem, i have entire sheets of the basic faces, then i take bits and pieces from Diffrent ones, and stick em together, then fix everything up

first kidfox, this is what i have so far, tell me what you want, fixed, what you want changed etc

next modern algebra, unfortunatley, we have some problems with resizing
at 96X96 we get this mess, with a lot of unused space

now, i tried it again, and this time made it double the size

and if you don't mind the image size, this one may work for you, it is 158x 136
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 08:51:10 PM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
This is exactly what I wanted Thank you!!! It really is perfect for my game...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
When you resize them, instead of sizing the pixel based image, save the small image and then open just it and resize the whole image from a JPEG. Since it's only a small size difference, the image will slightly pixelate giving it a barely fuzzy edge, which in this case is probably pretty good since it's all hard pixel based. Photoshop does this well.

Here's the small differences:

Mine's on the right, I did as I said. Imported your normal sized image, then resized it. (By 'resize', I mean that I made the largest side [height or width] equal to 96px and made sure to constrain proportions.) Then I just deleted the background with an antialias. (If you're using photoshop, just use the magic wand tool and make sure "Anti Alias" is checked ON.) Then threw a solid background color behind it just to make sure I got rid of all the original background and saved it as a PNG.

Rep:
Level 97
That's great IAMFORTE, thank you. I might come back with some more requests soon.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:44:44 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 85
Kid fox- glad i could help
Modern Algebra - Your Welcome

grafikal- THANK YOU for a great technique, this will help me out alot

Rep:
Level 85
uhh right now i only have the actor 1 face sheet
is there a chance you could export actor 2 and evil for me
unfortunetly my vx trial expired XD

Rep:
Level 85
it look s like the third one is missing :)
and as for the mask one... hmm would th attached image do...
changing the face of course
the second is just a rough Would that do either?

the first and second should be a cinch though

*edit* O_O can see the third one and oddly enough, the name serra is the same name as the person who has the hair im going to use
what a coincidence huh
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 05:01:57 PM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 85
okay no problem glad you like what ive got so far

yes serra is the pink haired loudmouthed cleric
so would the second pigtail be on the side  or behind

edit
the cloaked guy is done :D
and is this the hair you wanted for serra
(i mean the style not the colour)

*edit* and which of these colours would you like for the first one
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 02:00:09 AM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 85
okay :D glad you like the hood guy XD

Rep:
Level 85
alright done serra
bear with me, ive been pretty busy this week

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm curious, what game are those ripped from. I cannot remember for the life of me. You're doing some great work with these here, I was just thinking that I'd like to start doing some of these too, but I don't want to intrude in your topic or mess with how you do it. So I thought I'd ask where you got these so that I could work on some of my own. I don't want to bog you down with requests or anything either.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
OH duh. thank you.

Rep:
Level 83
I have no sorrow - Only joy for what I do.
I would like to request a face made.

It's an inhuman-but-human-esqe creature, with a hood on and off, plus he has a large scar down his the right side of his face.

By the way, really good job on the faces so far. They're amazing.

Rep:
Level 85
in human but human esqu creature
a little confused by this
do you have any photos, or a description of it
i have tons of ideas about what inhuman/humanesque looks like but no idea which one you want

*edit*
okay then for Loobylou900
we have all four completed (and if your not completely satisfied let me know XD i think i messed up the 4th one)

and for RyuFirestorm
this is one i foubnd in my raw sprites ( there is no unhooded version of him though is this what you meant be human esque)
although i have a few other ideas that might work

and grafikal, if you need any help, id be happy to help : D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:38:21 AM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 85
really? even the fourth one?
GLAD YOU LIKED THEM XD

Rep:
Level 83
I have no sorrow - Only joy for what I do.
The hooded one is PERFECT!! and, human-esque, kind of like... you know what a viera is from FF? yeah, human-form, but with some... "add-ons" XD hope that helps...