RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recruitment for Project Impurity

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Details - What is Project Impurity at all?

Okay, since this is an online role-playing game I didn't follow some of the required articles at the guideline thread.
Project Impurity is an online roly-playing game, right now not planned as massive multiplayed game but it is
a serious project I am working on. What I am looking for are some writers to make the database of the game
(i.e: player stats graph, monsters, items, etc..) and I'm also looking for some eventers.
I need eventers since my game uses lot of events for the map enviroment, my game uses
a Day-Night system which is global and followed by the real clock (Time-Zone: GMT+2).
Eventers job is to place light events and make some day and night based enviroments,
also make entrances for certain buildings at certain times and make the NPCS.

Features that are being planned and features that are already done.

Planned features:

* Ability to speak to other players at game using a microphone or headset.
    * Activites at town centers at night which will be led by Game Masters or Very Important Players.
    * Hunger system, players will be able to eat at restraunts or pubs,
    * Fishing system - fish at rivers along many maps.
    * Visual Equipments - equipments are going to be visual and will be displayed over template.
    * Global INN system ability to rent room and stay at night and indoor activity.

Existing features:

* Global Day and Night system (real clock based).
    * Lights system - torches, candles and bulbs are active at night time.
    * Smoother scrolling system.
    * Mouse system (including path-finding)
    * Stream based communication between the ruby client to a C# server (TCP).
    * Players are held at the mysql database.
    * Sideview battle system.
    * Casted weather into the game imported from yahoo weather.

What exactly are we looking for?

We are looking for:

* One Pixel-Artist to design clothes over an existing template and item icons,
    * One Eventer to make light-events, doors, portals and everything related.
    * Two database editors; one as item editor, and other one for both character and monsters editor.

How does team work being performed at this project?

We're going to work in a forum with access to users applied as team members.
We also contact and inform each other at MSN.

Contact Us.

Kono: at MSN hagay9@013.net.il, location: Israel.
Vlad: at MSN k-yoshi@live.com, location: New Zeland.
Site/Forum : http://z6.invisionfree.com/Project_Impurity/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:08:41 AM by xakiru »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Um, yeah, sorry but I'm finding it hard to believe this will ever get off the ground. What maker are you even using?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I'm having a hard time thinking anyone would, what will they get in return? :/ People are ambitious after all.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
What maker are you even using?

VX. I moved this out of the new projects last night sometime since it was recruiting.

Also @ xakiru, I will agree with Zylos. I don't think it'll get too far for an Online game. I know some scripts exist for online, but no one ever uses them. If you do, then that'd be neat, but still.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
...a VX MMO that changes weather via Yahoo and can speak from player to player via microphone?

Sorry xakiru, but this just isn't going to work. Way too much work for a few people with VX.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
More likely . . . impossible, the amount of scripting & changing in the sytem's code.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Stupid idea man. I'd suggest you just find a different engine.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
that would just take 10 years to make, and...
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

I find it funny how you all believe this wont work, Infact we have the Yahoo weather engine working (Got it working last night) We are now streaming straight from the server to the game. If you do not believe this will work, then don't bother.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
actually, it would be aweasome if it will work, i would like it. You have there just some hard work to do.
I wish u all gl on it
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I find it funny how you all believe this wont work, Infact we have the Yahoo weather engine working (Got it working last night) We are now streaming straight from the server to the game. If you do not believe this will work, then don't bother.

Yeah... I'm gonna call bullshit on that now. If you post a demo or proof of some kind, hey, I'll take all my comments back and eat my own tail. I'm willing to bet you'd even find one or two people to help you out if you proved to have a working system. But really I don't see this being anything more than two people getting together and saying "Heeeeeeeeeyyyy maaaaannnnnnnn, we paid effen money for VX, maaaannnnnnnn, let's make some effin MMO's and RPGs and crap, maaaaannnnnnnnn!".

Alright, we will run a demo with you. Just add Vlad on msn and we'll get it all set up for you to see.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
If you can get Zylos to believe you, then you should have no problem getting someone to help you. Zylos' word is pretty solid when it comes to these.

If anyone is unsure about this, just add one of us to MSN and we will show you our work.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Whaaa?

Why add? Why can't you provided a Demo? I'm sorry, but all I see is 'blah, blah, blah' and no results.

Also:

Yeah... I'm gonna call bullshit on that now. If you post a demo or proof of some kind, hey, I'll take all my comments back and eat my own tail. I'm willing to bet you'd even find one or two people to help you out if you proved to have a working system. But really I don't see this being anything more than two people getting together and saying "Heeeeeeeeeyyyy maaaaannnnnnnn, we paid effen money for VX, maaaannnnnnnn, let's make some effin MMO's and RPGs and crap, maaaaannnnnnnnn!".

I simply just got the same image running just now.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Pics or it didn't happen

Alright, we will make a video for you all.

Edit: We will make a video once we have chatting and names above characters done.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:17:50 AM by xakiru »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
videos can be edited, screenshots can be faked, that's not solid proof nowadays; what people are asking for is a downloadable and playable demo of the current build that they can play themselves.

I understand if you don't want the game to be posted publicly, but that doesn't hinder you from PMing Zylos and maybe DAS a download link to the client of the game, and letting them test it out.

If you're looking for help on a project, and it's this ambitious, then a demo is very reassuring and is likely to get you more assistance than just listing features that you claim are implemented, yet may or may not be.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I'm doing the video now and I'm sending it to Zyloc (Im not sure if thats how you spell it)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If you can't scroll a browser page up to see how to spell someone's name, then you can't make a game.

Dude, that was really uncalled for. I wouldn't expect that kind of behaviour from a staff member of this forum.

Edit: Video link sent to Zylos. I'm discussing with my friend if we should release the video to you guys.

Edit 2 : Heres the link of the video were showing to Zylos
(Were remaking it for the public)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 08:37:05 AM by xakiru »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
He is a staff member for a reason, not for saying 'Oh, that's nice and pretty awesome'.

secondly: 8:12? I stopped at 3:10. I'm not much impressed.

Its a work in progress. Don't expect it to be perfect.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 08:33:06 AM by xakiru »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
If you have such good scripters, why not just use a different engine?

Also, you'll have to forgive us for being so skeptical, an asshole called Naphe made a very similar topic.

Good luck if you're actually not bullshitting us.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Don't give him too much hell just for trying to find other people to make this project roll instead of leaving as a failure like you're all speculating.  ;9
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Thanks ?????????? , It's good to see some support for a change.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
K', sorry for the delay, I haven't been able to watch the whole video sent to me due to lack of privacy, so I'm going to hold my overall judgement of it until I have.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Thanks ?????????? , It's good to see some support for a change.

it's not a lack of support, people just would like some substance.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

We've nearly finished the chatting.