RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] A CMS, A script, and a Modifacation

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
14 member CMS? And other modifications
August 3rd 2009

Summary
Well…. I’d like to request a slight modification of one script, and a huge redesign of the original menu system as well as a script to go along with it.
If you have played Tales games before, you may notice some similarities especially in the equipment, and item screens.

More will be explained in the mockups and in features desired
There may be a few scripts that can interfere with this cms
First there is blizzards add-on pack
I also have stat, and level breakers which may influence it :by the game guy
and a teach skills with items script also by the game guy i think

Features Desired
  • replace these with
  • features you'd like to see
  • create more as needed

Mockups
First the messed up colouring in these pictures do not reflect how i would like it done
it should be nice and um... clean i guess so it looks like the menus in rmxp

Spoiler for:

Okay this is the Menu i would like to see made
the first four buttons go to their respective menus while the fifth button allows you to change positions within the party of 14 on the menu, i guess an arrow like the one in the item menu should be put in
the first four characters form the active party and the first character is the leader

the block for each charecter should have all of the features detalied in the mock in it
as well as the face
the face displayed in this mockup is the biggest face i plan to use
so if you use the bottom left pixel of this face any other face would fit
i also need it possible to change these faces in game using call scripts
the next two buttons are a bit different. the first, data when clicked should have a little menu pop out of the side like so

the monster book and the item book are both by cold
they can be called with these two call scripts
To call the Items Menu:
    $scene = Scene_ItemsBook.new

To call the Bestiary Menu:
$scene = Scene_Bestiary.new
the next button system is the same principle as the data button

the save button saves the game
the load button is the same function as the continue button at the title screen
the return to the title screen does just that
and the shutdown completley shuts down the game after a yes or no choice

the bar after that displays gold
and the one after that displays the map currently on, the steps take, the time spent in game, and the name of the game (not necessary)
this box should not move and should overlap the fifth charecter
(as for the icons most are custom and if whoever takes this needs them, i can provide them)

Spoiler for:
Next up is the skills menu not much changes except that when skills are used on the party they must also be ussable on the 7-8 other charecters as well kind of like the part in the menu

Spoiler for:
The item screen:

the descreption of the item is on the bottom also there is an image of the icon double the size.
so the 32 by 32 icon would be 64 by 64

the item screen was designed with organization in mind
because for what i have planned there will be quite a few items
This is also where the script comes in, the items need to be sorted somehow so that they can all be told to go to a diffrent category
this can either be done in script using values or it can be done in the editor itself using elements for items
the first box should contain the 20 most recent items aquired
the second box should contain consumable items
the third weapons
the fourth body equipments
the fifth head equipments
the sixth arm equipments (shields gloves etc)
seventh accessories
eighth Raw materials (used for synthesis see below)
and ninth story related items

also didnt include it in the mock up but i would like it if the items name was also displayed above the description of it
if the first 20 items thing is to hard it can be omitted
also the icons for the boxes are all rtp and it would be nice if they could be changed in script or else the ones i have there would be fine

Spoiler for:
Next is the equip screen which is simmilar to the generic menu screen
the descreption of the equipment is on the bottom also there is an image of the icon double the size.
so the 32 by 32 icon would be 64 by 64

this equip screen functions as normal
the user selects the type of equipment they wish to equip and the cursor moves over to the right then on the left where the players face and equipment was displayed

the red text would indicate negative effects while the green would indicate positive increases
the hp and mp are the maximum amounts
these would change as the user scrolls down the list of available weapons
if the user can not equip a certain weapon, it should not be displayed at all
i also didnt include it in the mock up but i would like it if the items name was also displayed above the description of it
and the face sprites should be able to be changed in game
Spoiler for:
next is the status screen

the menu is just rearranged with a added face sprite in it and a battler to the right, just like the menus with face sprites above i would along with the battler  be able to change it through out the game using call scripts or some other method

Spoiler for:
the save screen is the final menu overhaul
i need it to display the 14 battlers in the party in the order they are in, as well as gold, time spent, and location

Now time for the modification
This script which is to big to use and will be posted as an attachement

by leon westbrooke needs to be modified ever so slightly so that it looks like this
Spoiler for:
and the synthesis and the leave should be switched around
when the synthesize button is clicked
the call script to use would be
$scene = Scene_Craft.new
the script above is also by leon westbrooke

the entire thing should be blue like the generic window skin (everything above)
but should be changeable

Games its been in
  • It has a lot of inspiration from tales games
  • Also some from final fantasy

Did you search?
Yes I did

Where did you search?
  • Google
  • hbgames.org
  • Chaos-Project
  • RMRK of course

What did you search for?
  • Tales of symphonia CMS on Google
  • CMS on all of the other sites

I understand that what im asking is a huge deal, and if there is any thing i can help with i'd be glad to do it
*edit * sent a pm to leonwestbrooke, but since his last post was in 2007 , i am not expecting a response
*edit* i understand i do not have 10 posts yet, but my game is  not finished to the degree that i would like before i post up something in the new projects board
*edit* found a script that increases the maximum alloted party size perhaps it can be of use
created by DerVVulfman & Fomar0153 will attach

WILL GIVE CREDIT AND REP TO WHO EVER DOES THIS
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:38:28 AM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
bump
-sigh- perhaps this is too hard, or are my descriptions not clear enough, if someone were take this i could probably get rid of a bunch of features