RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pokemon type button assignment system plus extra event system. 2-in-1

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
Okay, I’m going to try to put this in the right place this time…

This is the button making system I was talking about. Remember pokemon, how you get to assign the bike, or some other cool item to the select button.
You may have noticed that I put commas in the wrong place most of the time. You’re going to have to deal with it because it’s kind of a habit.
You will get two systems with this one and also I will try to make this one simple.

First system, let’s make an item where you can teleport to uh let’s say a training arena.
1.   Make an item called Item. (I called mine The legendary Infinite Ball [Pokeball type])
2.   Description doesn’t matter but put: Teleporter. (I put: Handy's most prized possession. It wields a new universe and computer data can be stored on it.)
3.   Scope none.
4.   Occasion only from the menu.
5.   You can have a price if you’re buying it from someone special. Or you can have it already as a character’s personal item. That’s what I did as described in the description.
6.   Consume none.
7.   Speed: I put negative three. The reason why is because of my system where if the character holds too many items, it will slow him down in battle.
8.   No animation.
9.   Common event, make a common event called teleporter.
10.   Set everything else to zero and none.
Common event:
Wait I lied, find space to make a new map.
Make that however you want.
Now Common event:
Go to the common event I told you to make:
11.   Trigger is set to none.
12.   List of event commands, put in a Loop.
13.   (Optional) Create a message saying: Would you like to save?
14.   Set choices, Yes, No, Cancel.
15.   Under Yes, make two control variables called Player Coordinates.
a.   Make it to set, Go down to character and set it to player’s Map X.
b.   Do the same for the second but call it Player Y Coordinates and set the character thing to player’s Map Y.
16.   Make another variable called: Map ID set to Map ID. It’s found under Other.
17.   Then make a switch called Save.
18.   Then set it to on. Unnecessary, I know.
19.   Show animation, optional but it looks cool. I used heal 3.
20.   Change item and decrease one item that I told you to make.
21.   Change Actor Graphic to none, keep the face if you want but you may find a way to use it.
22.   Fade out BGM
23.   Wait 100 frames. This is important, Timing is important on this.
24.   Transfer your character to the room you made. If you didn’t decorate it, then you should. Use any setting you want. Future, Heaven, umm…yeah you get the idea.
25.   Change Actor Graphic back to normal.
26.   Fade out BGS 1 sec.
27.   Tint screen 0, 0, 0,60. In other words, click and open it and without editing it click okay.
28.   Break loop.
Under NO.
29.   Message: “When you leave you will not be able to save.”
30.   Message: “Is this okay?” You can use something like that, be creative.
31.   Show choices YES OR CANCEL.
32.   Copy everything from Yes and paste it in No.
33.   Locate the SAVE switch and delete it. Only the one in no. This will make RPG MAKER know that when the player says no when asked to save, it will skip the save screen when leaving.
34.   Under cancel: Break loop.
35.   Under the next cancel put Break loop.
We’re done with the common event, now on to your map.

36.   This is all you have to do. Make an event where you will exit.
37.   Okay, make a CONDITIONAL BRANCH and set it to SWITCH: SAVE.
38.   Under the first part make Open Save Screen.
39.   Control Switch: Save off
40.   Fade out BGS: 2 sec.
41.   Fade out BGM: 1 sec.
42.   Change Item:+ Teleporting Item.
43.   Under Else Copy and paste everything from the top and paste them in the else. Delete the first two events: Open save screen, and control Switch.
44.   Congratulations, you’re finished with that part of the tutorial.
If done correctly, you should be able to teleport to the room by using the item and when you leave you will be back in the place you were when you used the item, interesting huh?

Now it’s time for the pokemon select button assignment system.
(Warning: It’s kinda different. That really isn’t a warning. Just be careful, I hear warnings cut your head off when you’re not looking. No big deal right, so don’t worry, on to the tutorial.)
1.   Make a common event called who cares.
2.   Trigger is parallel called by the switch: when button X is pushed. (You name the switch that.)
3.   Conditional branch: Go to tab 4 and select button and select X. Click the little thing at the bottom of that window.
4.   Make another Conditional Branch Activated by Switch set and set it to off. Click the little thing again.
5.   Make one message to your liking. I put: You could use this button to pull things up so that you don't have to go to the menu to get it.
6.   Message: Would you like to set one now?
7.   Show choices, yes and no.
8.   Under yes, message: Which do you want to set. You can set your own.
9.   Show choices, Teleporting Item, Cancel.  You can make more but this is a template to get you started. Later you can make more items with the same type of uniqueness later on your own time.
10.   Under Teleporting Item put “Teleporting Item was assigned.” as a message.
11.   Make a switch called: If Teleporting item. And set it to on.
12.   Then make another switch made before called Switch set.
13.   Set nothing under cancel.
14.   Now make a conditional branch and set it to switch If Teleporting item on.
15.   Make another conditional branch, go to tab 4 and set it to button if X is being pressed.
16.   Click the box at the bottom.
17.   Call the common event that I told you to make.
18.   Done with this common event.
So you think that we are done, well no. One more common event.
Let’s say you want to assign another one. You have to degassing the Item so here we go.
1.   Make a common event called degassing and set it to parallel process. Make an switch called If button Y is pushed.
2.   Make another conditional branch, go to tab 4 and set it to button if Y is being pressed.
3.   DON’T click the box at the bottom.
4.   Message: Pressing this button will degassign your assigned item.
5.   Message: Do you want to do this?
6.   Show choices yes or no.
7.   Under yes, make a conditional branch; switch is set to SWITCH SET on.
8.   Click the box at the bottom of the conditional branch window.
9.   Make another one inside and set it to switch if teleporting item on.
10.   Message: Teleporting item was deassigned.
11.   Make a switch and turn off the SWITCH SET switch.
12.   Make another switch and turn off the IF TELEPORTING ITEM SWITCH.
13.   Under ELSE, put a message saying: You don’t have anything assigned to the X button.
We are finally done. Word to you moms, and tell me if I didn’t something right, or if you have any problems.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Still a tutorial  ^-^

Think of it this way:
If you're writing directions how you are, it's a tutorial.
If you uploaded a project file with the system already created, it's an event system. (of course you would also write some sort of instructions, but they wouldn't be in depth like a tutorial.)

Not to worry though. Tutorials are better for learning than Event Systems are if people take the time to read them.

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
Crap, I thought I did it right this time? So what I just make the event export the game and send it to people?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Eh, more or less. There are other aspects. It can still be a tutorial, but with a demo. It doesn't really matter lol, I'll fix your posts anyways. hah.

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
I'll just try to get it right next time.