RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Piano-Playing Cat

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/videogaga/27228/keyboard-cat-gets-served-piano-cat-is-the-new-internet-star/

I wanted to know how you people felt about this. Malson's said that it's unfair how people can rip off old songs and remix them like crap to please the general audience while he, "an honest musician," will never get his big break.

I was watching this video and thought "oh cool," but I thought about what Zypher (lol) said, and got to wondering how many people think that, although it's cute and all that a cat and play, someone who's dedicated themselves to practicing for hours on end (and still plays well, mind you) will most likely not become as well-known as that cat.

Of course, if you just think it's cute and all, that's cool, lol.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
<Dr_Sword> wow this cat is horrible at piano
<Dr_Sword> then again it's a cat

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Bump.

Nobody goes to college to be rich and famous, people go to college to learn a set of skills and earn an honest income BECAUSE it's impossible to "hit it big" and become rich and famous.

Even if Malson goes to a music school, he probably won't grow up to be famous, and his name probably won't be so popularized that everybody knows it. The same is true for me. But you know what will happen? I'll be making a decent living in music, using all the skills I've learned, and you'll probably have no idea what I'm doing. I'll be doing SOMETHING, though, like commercial work, or writing songs for popular artists. Or scoring for games or tv. I'll be making a living off of that, but you'll have no idea who I am. Just like the doctor who just saved someone's life over in whatever town will never be famous or on television, but he's making a living doing what he loves. Just like crime scene investigators and forensic scientists are putting away criminals, and they'll never be famous or on tv, but they're still making a living doing what they love. I'll be doing what I love (i.e. anything related to music) and making a living off of it without having to be famous, and without feeling the pressure of always needing to be "on top" or releasing that next "big hit" for MTV.

Delta Goodram. She's a millionaire. The millionaire that writes most of Celine Dion's music. Nobody knows who she is because she wants it that way, but she makes money every time Celine goes on concert, or someone buys one of her CD's, or every time Titanic airs on TBS because that one song's in it. Delta Goodram is an honest musician who makes a lot of money, and knows she doesn't need to be famous.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I actually liked that cat performance ._. It's like she really lives through her music. Truly a great artist :) The way I see it the artist here is the cat and the others are just people who are working to get to her level of fame.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Bump.

Nobody goes to college to be rich and famous, people go to college to learn a set of skills and earn an honest income BECAUSE it's impossible to "hit it big" and become rich and famous.

Even if Malson goes to a music school, he probably won't grow up to be famous, and his name probably won't be so popularized that everybody knows it. The same is true for me. But you know what will happen? I'll be making a decent living in music, using all the skills I've learned, and you'll probably have no idea what I'm doing. I'll be doing SOMETHING, though, like commercial work, or writing songs for popular artists. Or scoring for games or tv. I'll be making a living off of that, but you'll have no idea who I am. Just like the doctor who just saved someone's life over in whatever town will never be famous or on television, but he's making a living doing what he loves. Just like crime scene investigators and forensic scientists are putting away criminals, and they'll never be famous or on tv, but they're still making a living doing what they love. I'll be doing what I love (i.e. anything related to music) and making a living off of it without having to be famous, and without feeling the pressure of always needing to be "on top" or releasing that next "big hit" for MTV.

Delta Goodram. She's a millionaire. The millionaire that writes most of Celine Dion's music. Nobody knows who she is because she wants it that way, but she makes money every time Celine goes on concert, or someone buys one of her CD's, or every time Titanic airs on TBS because that one song's in it. Delta Goodram is an honest musician who makes a lot of money, and knows she doesn't need to be famous.
You always change my views, you know that? :P Maybe not completely, but you do.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I agree with Arlen, and feel the same way about my field.  I'm going to try and be a programmer, hopefully for games.

I don't care if someone knows who I am, but if they like my designs or my products, whatever they may be, then I'm happy.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
without feeling the pressure of always needing to be "on top" or releasing that next "big hit" for MTV.
Silly Arl, everyone knows MTV doesn't have music on it anymore.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I'm glad it doesn't, because now it shows South Park when other stations show shitty Dane Cook movies.

:tinysmile::tinysmile: