RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight princes random condition item

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
You don't have to find your art deep within yourself to make some purple liquid in a bottle sprite.
I'm pretty sure that there are a couple of sprites in the database, but you might not need them.
You can practically use any item, better to use one that's eatable.

This tutorial is based off of that purple or blue or red stuff from that monster you kill and you scoop
Up the stuff in your bottle, I know that one of them took one of your hearts down to one, raised them
A little, or raised them all the way. But let’s look beyond that and go crazy with imagination. I had fun
Creating this system because of all of the conditions I could use. The item I used was bread, I call it
Kamon's bread recipe #5. This is the random version of that bread and it is cursed (as I put in a switch
Or common event, I don't remember :P) I set it to all sorts of things like Level up which is rare, random
Quotes from famous people (That's the logic condition), a confusion condition that confuses the character
That makes and makes him move in the opposite direction. Speed down condition and even a does nothing
At all condition. Let's begin.

Oh and since I love it so much, there will be a video probably sometime soon.

--Open the database and go to items.

--Make and item called Random condition (or whatever you want.)

--Set everything accordingly:
1.   Description, whatever you want.
2.   Scope, none.
3.   Occasion always.
4.   Price, whatever you want to sell it for.
5.   Elements and state changes none.
6.   Set consume to yes.
7.   Speed to whatever you want. I used it as a system to
Tell if you were holding too much stuff it would slow
You down in battle.
8.   Animation, whatever you want.
9.   Common event, let’s skip this for now, or you could set it to an empty slot.
10.   The rest leave at 0 or none.

Now on to that common event

I’ll guide you to making a template,

Create a control variable with random; I set it to 1 through 5.
Then name it Random Item condition.
Now set message (if you want). I put: “Here goes nothing.”
Now make a conditional branch, set it to the Random Item Condition.
Set the variable number to =1
Click okay.

If you want five, make four more Conditional branches but in this tutorial I’ll teach you how to make 3 spacific types and name them Kamon’s bread curse or whatever you want.

First random condition:

This one I’ll tell you how to make a sluggish condition, where your character walks slow.

Make an event that shows animation. Make it look like it’s slowing down your character or lowering the speed stats.
Note* You can make a switch if you want. For example, turn it on after the animation (or before it). Go into the troops tab in the database. Whichever enemy you are using in your game, turn on the switch in the battle event’s condition box. Then make an event reminding you that you have the condition running. Most likely a message; this may be the only part of the tutorial that I’m not using in my game.
I don’t know why, maybe I’m just stubborn.

Now Mat, Pat, or Hat, (Can I call you Matthew?) You have to make an event like a message saying: “Why do I feel so sluggish?”
Next thing you do Matthew is
*Break* I don’t like Matthew, it’s too hard to spell, so I’ll assume that your name is Dave.
Okay Dave do this, make a variable called Speed. And set it to set. Then after that
Set it to Actor>whoever your character is>Agility. This is so RPG Maker could remember your agility before the change that you will set later.
Okay Dan, (I’m changing your name again, sorry.) Make a set route and put change speed to X4 slower.
Change parameters to Agility -500, or once again, whatever you want Dan.
Change menu access: Disable.
Control timer, set it at 30 seconds. No you can’t set this one to anything Dan. (I’m only kidding.)
Now finally for this condition, make a switch called Slug.
Make a new common event and call it Sluggish.
This event will make the event end eventually Dan, so listen up.
Set conditional branch to timer and make it 00min and 00sec. or less.
Make the common event a parallel process and set it to the switch you made last.
Control timer: stop and a message. I put: “I think I feel a little better now. I’m going to kill Kamon!”
Change the parameters to increase and set the variable to speed.
Set move route to normal.
Change menu access to normal.
Turn switch slug off.

Okay Dan, we are done with that condition…Oh, why am I calling you Dan? Well if I call you Jimmy, Capcom will sue me so there.

Now a message condition.
Now Dan, this is the condition that uses the logic.
It’s really easy,
Go into another Kamon’s bread curse conditional branch, you know the one you made before.
Set it to two, 2, and II.
Make a variable called Quotes, random 1-5.
Make 5 conditional branches 1-5 using the variable’s name (Quotes).
Type your own quotes in all of the branches Dan, I can’t do everything. But I can give you examples
Like this, Message:…
Well you know, some famous quotes by people. It makes the character seems as if he’s smart. And his logic is raised. I don’t know if logic is a stat so let me check…

…still checking.

…I don’t know, I don’t see it.

If you need help tell me Dan. I’m done.

FAQ

Q. Who is Kamon.

A. If you have to ask, well then you must don’t like J Rock or jpop. He’s from FLCL, I really don’t remember if he sold bread or not. According to my story he’s famous for it after he moved to America while his son visited his older son. Grandpa and Canti are partying in Japan, I know it sucks. It does need a lot of work.

Q. So what’s with the name calling, I don’t like Dan, he sucks.

A. Well I do and you’re going to have to deal with it. I’m his Disciple you can’t talk to him like that.

Q. Where’s your game, it sounds cool.

A. You didn’t just ask that question, I just typed it.

Q. No really, is there a demo?
A. No more questions.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Nice Event system. Keep up the good work!

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
Why thank you very much, I have billions of them and I love to share them all. ;D

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
Lol @ me and talking so much?

I don't get it, ???

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
@ = AT
durr, i was laughing at myself :facepalm: jeez

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
Oh that's cool. I kinda thought that was what you said, I thought you were talking about what was in my story.