RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
C++ Program

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, as a kid, being a game maker is always one of the top ideals for a future job. I read that C++ is the program that most games nowadays are programmed with/around so I thought I might look into it.

Plus, it's OO so, if I ever decide to get into RGSS-ing a bit more, it's good experience. Good experience with a programming language in general. :P

Also, since I'm a kid and I'd rather not bother my parents/I have no muniez, a free program would be good.

For the tl;dr: Free C++ editing program, please.

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft

Click for my current project.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I use Notepad++ for pretty much anything coding related. you will need to get a compiler though.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Aiite, cool. Thanks. :D

EDIT: :mad:

Okay, I got the program and it's cool and all but I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!

After I make a I code, how do I run it as a program or whatnot? What does compiling do? Why can't I debug? WHAT IS DEBUGGING? ASDHLA;aweh;law'e I need help ;9
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:55:41 PM by mastermoo420 »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
BUMP for the problem above because most people don't look past the "Recent Reply" area, and the other dude's topic is on that spot. :P

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
torrent a C book. Usually they start out with telling you which program to use and the book will all be written in that program making it easy to see how to do everything
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
torrent a C book. Usually they start out with telling you which program to use and the book will all be written in that program making it easy to see how to do everything

and usually that is a commercial program that paid to be used for the book, and you'd have to buy it.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

and usually that is a commercial program that paid to be used for the book, and you'd have to buy it.

since when? Out of all the books I've used they have only mentioned scITE, notepad++, or netbeans. (of course this being for php)
never ran into something using dreamweaver

edit: wait on the subject of torrenting, torrent the program  :mad:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Then anyone know a good torrent? ._. I kinda want one as a recommendation from someone so I know it's reliable.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Just make sure people are seeding it, and check to see if there are any bad comments.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
>_> I guess I'll do that. But wth? I see C, C++, and Java, three common ones, but how does C# differ ?_?

EDIT: Okay, my question was pretty irrelevant but here's one important one (also, YAY! the PDF goes over Dev-C++~):
What the heck does this line mean?
Code: [Select]
int main (int nNumberofArgs. char* pszArgs[])
I know what "int main" is (basically like def main in RGSS) but wth do all those parameters mean?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:19:23 PM by mastermoo420 »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
you don't need to know, in fact, you don't even need to put them there.
you could just put "void main() {" with a lot of compilers nowadays, if not that, maybe "int main() {"
the params aren't really needed.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay, good. Whew. XD I like the "int main() {"