RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved] Text Based Adventure Help

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ALSO: You need to get in a habit of organizing your code better. If you are learning C++ from a tutorial look at how the examples have their text organized and use that style in your own code. Also try and break up the code inside of your main function into separate functions just so this is all a bit easier to manage.

no need to use functions just yet, he needs a better understanding of the basics before moving on to that.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Note: I really haven't read any tutorials. Most of this was told to my by ear, and I've figured it out by myself through trial and error.

Also, I'm probably going to take a break from coding until school starts. I'm sure I'll fill many a notebook with hand written codes. So, if someone want's to remove this topic, I'm fine with it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Note: I really haven't read any tutorials. Most of this was told to my by ear, and I've figured it out by myself through trial and error.
Trying to work from scratch is cool and all, but it's completely retarded. Coding is based on a library that someone else made. Go for tutorials. Whoever made them 99% has a good grasp on the language and has lots of things to teach. If you're working completely alone, you may be ignorant to a certain built-in function or style or coding that could be much more efficient.