RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shin Ra [Recruiting for Most Positions]

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Copied from RPGMakerVX.net:

:D Hey all!  :D
I am making a game called -Shin Ra-. It is going to be similar to a ace attorney game where instead of moving on a map, you choose options where to move. The difference will be that instead of going to court (this will be nothing about law) you will have battles!
It will be sort of a puzzle adventure game!

Storyline
Spoiler for:
+This is still to be decided, that is why I am need of a good story writer. However the main case of the story is set up. It begins with Ralph and Crimson on an adventure to find the tournament of the long lost spirit of Shin Ra. They pass the qualifying rounds but learn that it was already chosen who the victors of the tournament are, and the shady characters are! But looks are deceiving so that is why Ralph and Crimson journey to find the true meaning behind the tournament and the shady character behind it, plotting everything that is going to happen. Who is this person, and how does he know what Crimson and Ralph are doing? What is the true meaning behind Shin RA!
I know it is not 150 words+ but I that is why I need a story writer! To write all the twists and turns of this story!

The WORLD!
The world is a parallel universe where monsters and magic are the norm! Where spiritual beings walk the Earth and where
humans are in danger all the time!

There are 5 races, each one with a different aspect:
Spoiler for:
Paladin: A holy warrior that helps others in need and uses the healing power of white magic. They search for the truth and only the truth and have entered the tournament of the lost to retrieve what is dear to them! Their God- SHIN RA! All of them working as a team, they thought they couldn't fail, but they did... You will meet at least 2 of these in your quest who will fght you because they think you betrayed them and you will learn about the true nature of the paladins!

Scarwarrior: These are a small race which are legendary in the art of summoning! They are known to possess magnificent power that can change the world! They did not enter the tournament except Crimson, who sensed something was wrong. They use all types of magic but usually for good and are balanced. Depending on the Scarwarriors personality, shows what they are better at. The person is enthusiastic and cheerful, they will be better at White magic! Some Scarwarriors have the ability to transform!

Warrior/Magician/Knight:
\These are all separate classes, and have different backstories, but I am only going to release these to my teammates because these are the heart of our game!

Character Bios!
Spoiler for:
(These are still under construction:)

Ralph:
Class : Paladin
Ralph is a paladin who did not go either the other paladins to form a team and instead teamed up with Crimson because of his intuition. He is wandering the forest searching for the tournament with Ralph. His past is dark and filled with murder and the war which the humans lost. His father died a year ago and he is searching for the truth of who killed him. He is cheerful mostly but hates surprises, especially when there not meant to happen! He wields a long sword made by his dad. He is a strong fighter!

Crimson:
Class: Scarwarrior
He is apart of the Scarwarrior clan and left when he realized something was wrong with the tournament. He is a dark figure who doesn't speak much and wants to take revenge on Shinlust for killing his only family- his grandfather. Who is this grandfather? It will all become clear in the end! He wields the crimson sword and is a loner. He will find the truth about the tournament and resurrect his grandfather!

Bojmaster:
His real name is unknown, but he is the creator of the tournament of the lost. He hopes to get enough energy to resurrect those who died in the war. He is a kind man but has only been seen on TV and never for real. He has never been interviewed. People think that he is not to be trusted and is doing this all for him. But is this really true. He is making it so obvious that he is doing it for himself. What shady figure is behind the mask and what is his real purpose. And most of all, how does he know every move you are making???

RECRUITMENT:
Spoiler for:
Important people:

Story Developers:
- teknomaniac
- Chaoslogic
- Sonicvp

Graphics:
Making faces (you must be comfortable wih medium sized ones that work with the Neo message system!
Also editing faces to add emotions!
-
-

Less immediate:
I do not need these that much and are just there in case someone wants to help!

Eventers:
- sonicvp
- malu6666
I don't know if I'll need more of these  ;)

Mapper:
-

Database managers:
For skills and items!
-

If you can make minikoff battlers:
-
-

And maybe a scripter
-
-

Thanks a lot.  ;)

P.S We will communicate on my forum, not this one, to reduce spam! I'll P.M you the details!

Screens:

^Old hermit in a forest - one of the people you talk to in the game.

^Battle segment.

The game is early in development so there aren't anymore!

CREDITS DUE:
- dollmage's minkoff battler sprites
- Scripts from Vlad, Rafidelis, & Mr Bubble.
- More to come as game is updated.

UPDATES on this:

As of July 26, 2009, we have come up with more story and are looking for more graphics,
story development, and scripting help -  but to sum it up, we're basically going for an episodic (chapters)
game similar to Phoenix Wright, but with a fresh storyline and battling instead of trials, as was
stated before. If you're interested in joining this project or want more information on it, feel free
to PM me or respond to this thread.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 08:40:49 AM by teknomaniac »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
god, why can't people just learn to correctly place images ._.

i swear it's my only pet peeve. That and links, but mostly images. ._.

Sorry!

Aside from adding a buncha spoiler tags to make it a smaller post, such that the screens would be immediately visible, I also moved the screens further down in the post. Honestly, after looking through the various threads on posting, there was nothing on where to put screens.  ;9

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
It's okie.

This is what those screenshots look like now:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://"http://img21.imageshack.us/i/26964699.jpg/"][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7304/26964699.th.jpg[/img][/url]

This is what they should look like (if for what ever reason you find it necessary to have to link to imageshack which sucks):
[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/i/26964699.jpg/][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7304/26964699.th.jpg[/img][/url]

This is what it should look like if you just want the image (which you should want):
[img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7304/26964699.th.jpg[/img]

Unfortunately, you decided to go and grab the thumbnail image of your screenshot. Don't use thumbnails. Always always always use the direct link to an image.

Edit:
Here's your direct links to your screenshots:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7304/26964699.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4623/81881155.jpg
Spoiler for which in turn will look like:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 03:38:02 PM by grafikal »

Fixed - did not even catch the link error. Sorry (and thanks)!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You might wanna add some credits, anyways, 'cuz that SVBS is definitely using dollmage's style of characters.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
You don't actually have to credit anyone in a forum topic moo. They just need to have credits within the game that at some point will be seen.

Went ahead and credited 'who' with 'what' I was aware of.