RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[FULL GAME XP] Aeon Quest

Rep: +0/-0Level 86

FULL DETAILS:

- Moving battle backgrounds like in Earthbound!
- Custom Zoom battle system, fast and challenging battles!
- Over 6 characters to play as, each with their own special abilities they use to help you on your quest!
- Many dungeons, some large, some small, each with their own puzzles and bosses that will make your head spin!
- Epic story: You are the sole descendant of an ancient warrior that carries the blood to hold the almighty Crystal Sword. Use sword play and magic spells to vanquish evil and the sinister Shadow King!
- Secret levels: Explore town, solve riddles, find the next portal that hold a brand new world!

Hey everyone. I made this RPG using RPG Maker XP. I worked on it on my spare time, especially on my vacation time which was months ago. I never had time to put it up until now. It's all put together by me, I don't have a team or anything. Just me making this game so it took awhile. The main story is done. I was going to add side-quests and a post-game story but I never got around to it. But if you wanna try it out and see what I made then check it out! Oh yeah, this was done for FUN, I have no intension of ever selling it. This game was made to amuse me, so please don't try to sell it or anything. It's also not copyrighted again it was made for fun and entertainment ONLY. I gave credit for everything I used in the credits scene which is seen when you beat the game.

Anyway my game is called "Aeon Quest". You play as a descendant of an ancient warrior who was claimed to have vanquish great evil from the land some time ago. Hundreds of years later, you are called to face the same evil that has risen to try and reclaim not just the world now, but many others as well.

The game works by solving puzzles and fighting bad guys all to advance more into the game and open new portals to other dimensions while meeting friends along the way that help you during your quest. Aeon Quest is a long game. I'm not sure how long but it should keep you entertained for a bit. I tried to add that old-school feel to the game while adding some new elements to it as well.

Anyway enjoy!

Download here: AEON QUEST
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:25:14 PM by dmoose »

*** UPDATE ****

Link should work now, I copy and pasted it wrong but now the direct Link should work so enjoy.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
wow, i did not expect that picture. that's an explosion of awful

wow, i did not expect that picture. that's an explosion of awful

Is that comment really necessary?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
was the comment commenting on my unnecessary comment necessary?

mine was necessary.

it's more productive, imaginative, and better organized to have several decent screenshots formatted nicely in a post rather than printing out a whole bunch of random rpg screenshots, eating them, then shitting them out and scanning them into your computer. :V

anyway. I'm just saying.

Your custom zoom battle script sounds interesting and I like the name of your game. It's not cliche like most every other game anyone thinks of. Since you say it's an epic, I assume Aeon would be correct in its usage here.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
From what I've seen, the maps are awfully empty, the opening picture threw me off because they were like blasted over in a very messy manner and the text is unreadable. But, congrats on finishing a game! May this be a memorable experience :D

was the comment commenting on my unnecessary comment necessary?

mine was necessary.

it's more productive, imaginative, and better organized to have several decent screenshots formatted nicely in a post rather than printing out a whole bunch of random rpg screenshots, eating them, then shitting them out and scanning them into your computer. :V

anyway. I'm just saying.

Your custom zoom battle script sounds interesting and I like the name of your game. It's not cliche like most every other game anyone thinks of. Since you say it's an epic, I assume Aeon would be correct in its usage here.

Yes, yes it was.

Also that script I think is cogwheel's I'm pretty sure it's cogwheels.

Author site: http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/cogwheel/

From what I've seen, the maps are awfully empty, the opening picture threw me off because they were like blasted over in a very messy manner and the text is unreadable. But, congrats on finishing a game! May this be a memorable experience :D

Alrighty, I'll edit it and make more proper screen shots when I can. Thanks too, this was pretty much my first RPG I made soo... yeah lol.