RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Fixed) Another Event Problem

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Yea I'm using the monster transform action and a healing action. but here's the problem its supposed to activate when the monster is below 25% the problem is it activates after it already happened. this Is probably the same during the other event that occurs during the battle.

question is what do I need to do to make sure it doesn't happen again?

I figure I can just check a switch before an event and if its off activate the event and then when the event activates turn the switch on.

but is there an easier way?

I really don't want to use more switches then I need to so...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 02:34:27 AM by Mariofan0 »
I'm The Biggest Mario fanatic This Side Of The Mushroom Kingdom.

Currently Working On:Tale's Of Destiny:The 7 Book's Of Fate

Rep:
Level 87
Don't put the action in the Enemies tab.

Go to Troops and add a new battle event tab.  Specify the condition (Enemy 1's HP 25% or below), Force Action.

I haven't experimented with this much, so you might need to play with the settings a bit.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

as far as I can tell thats what I was doing in the first place I have it set to activate when the monster's HP below 25% and I set it to turn, battle, and instant. the problem is I can't seem to avoid the problem without putting a switch in the event to tell it not to go off again.

I want to avoid needing the switch.

Rep:
Level 83
it looks like you might need a switch because you are healing the monster, making it possible for it to drop below 25% HP again.

i've tried working out battle settings with shaz previously and i've found that as soon as battle conditions are met they activate, even when you don't want them to.

If you see anyone using Stand_Still as their user name then tell me. This is my logo that I created in 2006. Mine you tell me, mine. (c) 2006

Yay Crappy Programming...

Gotta Love RPG maker XP

I wonder if a script would be able to change such problems?

would it be worth saving 1 switch?

well actually 1 Switch so far...
soon to be two...

Rep:
Level 87
nah, use a switch for now.  They have a very small overhead.  If you were doing a LOT of it, it might be worth setting something up to only ensure it happens once.

Rep:
Level 87
how would this work...

Create a new state called Transformed that lasts until the end of battle.

In your Troop events, add a tab for Enemy 1 HP <= 25%, with the following events:

Condition: Enemy 1 is Transformed applied
<do nothing>
Else
Transform
Change Enemy State - Enemy 1 - +Transformed
End

This will ensure the transform only happens once.  I think ;)

That Makes total since and I'll test it in the morning...

but for right now I'm gonna check the forums a little bit more and then go to bed.