RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Fixed) Odd Event Problem

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I'm using RPG maker XP and Im using Change party events, Change hero Graphic events, and teleport events to create a whole event...

what the event is doing is showing unnecessary content. which includes Swaping of sprites after a teleport, swaping of sprites during a teleport, and stuff of the sort.

I'm wondering if I could just fade out the screen and fade in when those events have taken place to avoid unwanted sprite changes...

there are several events all taking place in a row so it may be difficult to give all of the information on them.

and screenshots would be kinda hard since I have no easy way to take them and it only happens for a split second...

If I need a script in order to do this if anyone is willing to assist with that please send such script when your done...

Basically I want the game to not show the sprite change before or After a teleport event
but more like during or have some sort of fade out fade in control.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 04:23:24 PM by Mariofan05 »
I'm The Biggest Mario fanatic This Side Of The Mushroom Kingdom.

Currently Working On:Tale's Of Destiny:The 7 Book's Of Fate

Rep:
Level 83
hey Mariofan05,

You could try fiddling around with the 'change screen colour tone' command on the second page. I've used it previously to create like a cut transition in one of my story events.

Tip: The time section is how long it takes the current screen colour to fade to the desired screen colour.

Hope this helps.  ;D

If you see anyone using Stand_Still as their user name then tell me. This is my logo that I created in 2006. Mine you tell me, mine. (c) 2006

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Yea it works now the only problem is delaying the fade to just the right amount...

Thanks.
I'm The Biggest Mario fanatic This Side Of The Mushroom Kingdom.

Currently Working On:Tale's Of Destiny:The 7 Book's Of Fate