RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2k3 help for sprites plz

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Is there a way to make animated enemies and also make the 48x48 standard cell size for battleChar sets bigger to accomodate for larger Hero's. If anyone knows how i'm all ears, thankyou

Rep:
Level 83
What's a personal text?
Well I'm not sure about the animated enemies (I assume you're using the built-in battle system), but, as for the bigger heroes, you can use Battle 2 anims. These are pretty much like normal battle animations, except they're 640 by 640 pixels in size (and still 5 collums with 5 cells each, each cell being sized 128 by 128).
Import these like any other resource (folder is 'Battle 2'), then go to "Database > Animation 2 > Animation Type". See each possible 'stance' in the list right below? Mark the box on the right of each stance for 'Battle Animation' (they're set, by standard, for 'Character Pose'). You can, likewise, add new poses in the "Database > Animation 2 > Poses" menu.
...'Kay?  ;)

P.S: About these animated enemies! Check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hKMdfwqFo4  :o. It shows both animated boss and extended hero animations. I think I know how it was done, but it's rather time-consuming. Which is why there are so few complete RM2K3 games using this system. You might want to check out Phantasia III (http://www.kobrasrealm.net/viewgame.php?12)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:38:04 AM by Fanblue »

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
It's possible. For animated battlers, yeah you have to use battle animations for everything. The only problem is you must restrict the player from inputting commands at the same time as Rm2k3 will skip that command.

For enemies, you have to make their attacks as a battle animation and evented manually on the battle tabs. You have to make them "invisible" while the animation occurs, you can't make them an idle animation.