RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED]kids playing

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Ok here what i need. I made a village and in the village i wanted some kids running around a little grassy area to give the image that they are playing. Now how would i do that because i know if you put them on walking animation they just kinda step....stop....step....stop. so it doesnt really look like there running any ideas??
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 06:31:05 PM by neobreaker4 »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Well, if you want the step, stop, step, stop thing, to cease, then just turn the frequency to max. Which is like 5 or something, I don't remember, just at whatever the highest is. You can turn down the speed. If you want. Turn off stepping animation too. That way if they do stop moving at some point because you wanted them to, then they won't keep walking in place. It'll look normal if you just keep the frequency at max.

Now as for running in circles, this is where you should start using diagonal movements. Do like, 2 right, 1 up-right, 2 up, 1 up-left, 2 left, 1 down-left, 2 down, 1 down-right, and repeat. That's a fairly small circle but it's a circle. You can make it bigger and what-not. Do what you think looks best.

Just an idea though. If there's like a stump around this grassy area, you could have the little girl or kid or whoever run in circles a few times, then occasionally stop behind the stump, then have the other kid or kids pause then turn at the stump then run to it and have the little girl or kid or whoever do a little jump, then the sequence continues running in circles.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Sweet thanks i got it. it looks great! ;D