RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Drag Me To Hell

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
So I went to the drive in lsat night with a friend and saw Year One and Drag Me To Hell. Year One was pretty funny, but it wasn't as good as I expected.
Drag Me To Hell, however was just an after thought when we got there. I totally expected it to be Spider Man 3 Raimi, not TEDT Raimi. Suffice to say, it was probably the best movie I've seen this year.
It was hilarious beyond belief (at least to me), and had great props and gore. Now I'm not usually a horror fan but Rami being the best Jew in hollywood kinda moots my hatred for Horror flicks. And besides, it's not really even a horror movie. It has some scares, which weren't scary at all, but it was mainly a really slapstick campy violent comedy....just like the Evil Dead Trilogy, except the first.

The best part wasn't even the homages to his television and early horror career, but the talking goat and Ted Raimi's cameo. The former was the hardest I laughed all night and the latter I didn't notice until the credits rolled, but it was a nice tough.

Conclusion: If you liked the Evil Dead Trilogy, then this movie is really for you. Not the thousands of teens who go and get scared and fail to see the Raiminess of it all. It's not scary, just funny. Well worth my 4.75$.
However, if you go and see it for scares and you aren't said teen, and have never seen a Raimi, you'd probably still find it funny. You'd fail to get the true Raiminess of it all, (the wind camera, the windows blowing open, the jumpy deadites, and everything else that represents his awesome career as probably my favorite writer/director) but it's still a great campy film.
I'd probably pay the price to go see it in a Regal or whatever now fully aware of how awesome it is.

Anyone else see this here?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I haven't seen it but Army of Darkness is one of my favorite movies so I'll check it out.