RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Access violation

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Couldn't find this one the forums, searched it all over the internet, can't find any answer. So what happens is I encounter a battle, and this happens:

ERROR
Access violation in module 'RPG_RT.exe' in with address 004994EB and offset 00000348 of type READ occured.
OK
Now the game closes.

It seems to only happen after an event. Can someone please help me? ;( I've had this error for a week, and I cannot fix it!
I've tried, re-installing RPG MAKER: Didn't work, adding more monster groups + monsters: didn't work, fiddling with some events: didn't work

It sometimes works, but waiting for it to work is like waiting for a solar eclipse to happen!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:30:00 AM by DeRunner »

Rep:
Level 83
Contestant - GIAW 9
you probably need to give more info. did you use a hex editor at anytime? Did you download this version of the maker?
?

Things to try
A: edit out events one by one from the time you noticed the error.
B:Make sure that all events and items you are trying to call are in the maker and imported. IF there not i usually get a "can not find event error."
C:Since your error seems to be something wrong with the code of the actual program try downloading the same program but from a different user. it's possible that your maker is corrupted. 

I think your best bet is to make a copy of your data. and go back and edit out events to see if you still get the error.
Also, and im not sure if this will help. but it might be good to look in to the common patches for your maker. if you already added patches to your maker, it might be an error with the patch. usually they have docs on known bugs that are common with the type of patch you may of added.

I know one patch i added. took out my undo recent event add option.

Good luck. hopefully some one can give you a more direct answer. ( i have never had this happen)
Who said i was Wack?

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
woohoo, I fixed it, It seemed to be because of double script activation in one of my events. I simply have to have one at a time on. Didn't realize the double script activation either.

EDIT: NEVERMIND It's not working again T_T T_T T_T
EDIT2: I got it working! I found the problem: When you end a battle with AI Fight, it starts to use that error on me. If there any way to disable AI Fighting? or maybe how to fix it? Thanks! ^^
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 06:29:49 AM by DeRunner »

Rep:
Level 83
Contestant - GIAW 9
The ai control should be under the Hero tab in database settings. it should be a little check box. im guessing that is how you would either enable or disable it. (for each char)
Who said i was Wack?