RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Appetite Clock? [Resolved]

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Hey everyone, I'm trying to make a system in 2k3 in which your character can get hungry
after a certain period of time. Say, after x minutes, a character will be inflicted with a status effect "hunger," that halves their attack. Any help is highly appreciated!
P.S. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Also, first post    :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:38:11 PM by Jontheburger »
"The freaking gun has a 45 degree angle...of win."
-The Armory

Hmmmm~
First of all, That's pretty creative idea , I think...
Simple, You know how to make Status "Hunger", Right?
Well, I'll just explain about the time:
First of all,
make in Common event, Change the "Trigger" or anything, The name (Because it's different sometime) (Besides name of the event) To be the third Option , Which give an option, When it will active. Then, Just give name Of the switch to turn it on "Hunger" Or anything you like.

For common Event :
Just use :
1 Condition Fork, or conditional branch, or what your version says (It's at the third tab, Above "Label")
2. Set it at the minute you want, For exemple, If under 1 minute, he hunger, Then set condition fork at 1 minute "Or less"
3. Change condition to be "Hunger"
4. timer 1, Set again the time, How long it will like that again, And start the time
* Note: If you Put 1 minute to be hunger, Then you put under 15 second, it will only count as 45 second, And the process will be start again, So, Make sure, No. 2, As low as you want ( 2 sec, or 3, Or whatever you like)(The under 15 sec will not counted)

-----Finish---------

Then for the event in the map:
1. Set the time ( x Minute)
2. Turn on the switch "Hunger" Or something
And start the time whenever you like...
And, There you go :)
Good luck on trying ^^b
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:11:08 PM by Roxaszu »

make in Common event, Change the "Trigger" or anything, The name (Because it's different sometime) (Besides name of the event) To be the third Option , Which give an option, When it will active. Then, Just give name Of the switch to turn it on "Hunger" Or anything you like.

I don't get exactly whatyou mean here. :-\ Could you possibly rephrase that for me? Thanks
-The Armory

The first one was "Called by event" , It's only show when we call it, Right ?
The second one, Was "Begin automaticly" It's will begin all the time
The third one was " Trigger " , That will active if The switch were on

I mean, The Common Event was Active by switch (Call it the switch named "Hunger")
(The third one)

I mean, How does the common event will start to work ... :)

I got it to work! Thanks a bunch! ;D
-The Armory

Your Welcome... x3  ;D