RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Loading Screens, w/ Tips!

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
As of right now, there is no screenshots. I don't have a photobucket account and don't plan to. If you would like to take screenshots of this event and pm them to me, that would be appreciated. Anyways, on to the system.
1.What we want to do is make our starting map, then place a door or something that will transfer the player.
2. Create a new map called "Tips".  Now, in "Tips", create an event that will autorun, then click out of it.
3. Now go to common events, and create a new one.
4. Make the common event use a control variable event, found on page 1.
5. Under "Operand", there is an option called random. Click it. Lets say you only have two tips. Make the random's range 1-2.
6.  If you would like to tidy it up, click under variable and name a new variable "Tip."
7.  Now, use a conditional branch event, from page 1, and click the "Variable" ticker. Make it so if our variable "Tip" is equal to 1, have it say something like "Use the arrow keys or WASD to move around"
8. Create another conditional branch, and use the same process we did for Tip #1. Except, have it say something different than tip 1.
9. Now go back to our auto event and have it call our common event.
10. Test it out, and have fun with it!
11. Remember, you will have to make a "Tip" map for every map, if you want a tip for every map. But I suggest using tips only for boss levels or boss fights.
12. Another tip: Don't put the 2nd tip under the first tip. Put it after "Branch End"
13. Third tip: You will want to make more than 2 tips. Otherwise, one tip will definitely pop up more than the other tip, in other words, more than 50% of the time.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
This is stupid that this is even in the database, but whatever. There's no need to post a script in the -TUTORIAL DATABASE-, post your script in the Script Database if you really want to and then -link- that topic in here.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
why would you even want a loading screen an an RPG Maker game.

People DON'T LIKE loading screens, they take away from actually playing the game.  If games didn't have loading screens at all people would be amazingly happy.  Why are you adding a loading screen into a game without loading screens, in order to artificially create the idea of loading when there is none to be seen?

So pointless it confounds me.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 82
This is stupid that this is even in the database, but whatever. There's no need to post a script in the -TUTORIAL DATABASE-, post your script in the Script Database if you really want to and then -link- that topic in here.

hmm, he seems want a loading screen and i try to help him.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
hmm, well don't worry about it. This thread is actually a tutorial on making a loading screen with events, but I can see how it would be easy to misunderstand that if English is not your first language.

I split the topic and moved your post into the XP Scripts Database so that others would be able to find it: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,37177.0.html