RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Is it normal for hardrive to just stop working?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I got a laptop, so I could steal internet from the Library.
One day I stareted it up and it said "No OS."
So I put in the Windows Vista Re-Install disc, and then it told me "No Hard drive to install to."

It had been overheating for awhile. The fans didn't do crap. Is it possible that the heat killed the HD?

;9
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Over time hard drive, especially laptop hard drives will fail. The only solution is to replace the hard drive. What's the brand and model of the computer?

One thing I would attempt is to download a program called UBCD. Ultimate Boot CD is a collection of tools your can run to do all sorts of things on your computer. I would download it and run one of the hard drive testing software's such as DFT. Also check your BIOS and make sure no one disabled your hard drive or that it didnt get disabled by accident.

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Could the MBT of the hardrive make it seem to not appear?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Gateway.
2 processors running - AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60
2.00 GHz Performance Rated at 4.19 GHz
System RAM 3.9 GB
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 64-bit
ATI Radeon X1270 (ATI Radeon X1200 Series (0x791F))
DVD HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20F ATA Device
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 01:18:50 AM by Boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
In Soviet Russia hard drive's over heat YOU!

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Bad gravedigger! Bad!

Well, bad place for it anyways. Leave the spam to the sewers~