RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lux Productions are in need of sprite, map and animation artists!

Rep:
Level 83
I am the Flux
*edit* Project topic: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33337.0.html

*edit2* PM comments asking what I meant by map artists made me do it :d
By map artists, I mean people who can make map chipsets.

Hello, people!

My name is Martin and I am a developer (the only developer), leader of the indie game-"company" Lux Productions and composer for a game project called "Rites of Passage". We have the engine running and bugs are being ironed out (you may follow the development of the project here: http://ropdev.martinsgamegallery.net/#home and on the topic which will be made here on RMRK for that very purpose).

So, down to business; Rites of Passage takes place in a world where anthros (furries, if you will) and humans live in relative harmony with each other, and it mixes a modern lifestyle (humans mainly) with a more medieval lifestyle (for anthros), so we need maps for both modern civilization and some medieval map files.
We also need sprites, battlers and faces for NPC's, boss encounters and various sprite animations to accomodate our needs. You need to be able to create sprites portraying anthromorphic animals, including dolphins, wolverines, dholes, etc. (and many more).

This is a huge project which will take time to complete, and you also need to be able to dedicate yourself as much as reasonably possible to completing our requests. The music will be 100% original, all coding is already done and placeholders are being put in place as the basic maps are being outlined and boss encounters are being designed.
The usual "Gold" system in RPG's does not exist in this game; instead, we have chosen to make a currency called "Droplets" or "Drops" for short.

Drops (the most popular version of the full word and the one that is used the most in speech) are a manufactured currency that look like gem stones in a shape of an almost flat water drop. They come in many colors to represent their individual values. Their values are below:
White - 1 Dp
Red - 5 Dp
Blue - 10 Dp
Green - 20 Dp
Purple - 50 Dp
There are also paper versions of each of the gems. The value of the paper currency is exactly 100 time bigger than the colored gem that is printed on it. The paper currency also has gem colors printed on them that are not found on the actual gems (though, these values are not as common as the lower values).
Paper White - 100 Dp
Paper Red - 500 Dp
Paper Blue - 1,000 Dp
Paper Green - 2,000 Dp
Paper Purple - 5,000 Dp
Paper Black - 10,000 Dp
Paper Silver - 50,000 Dp
Paper Gold - 100,000 Dp

-- To get the scope of the values of items in Ekleron in comparison to Earth just remove the decimal point (in US Dollar) from the value of any earthly item to get the value of the Ekleron equivalent of that item. -- Ex: An Earth item valued at $50.00USD is 5000 Dp in Ekleron for the same item. --

Here is the map of the world the game takes place in (Ekleron); http://rtftoon.deviantart.com/art/Ekleron-World-Map-94379198 .

The magic system is also going to be very unique, introducing a new Elemental Overdrive system (which will be discussed in the projects topic I will make here on rmrk.net soon), using many twists.
Most notably, magic in the world of Ekleron is wielded through gemstones, which anthros use to store their magical energy (without the gemstones, their magic is weak). Once this energy is used, it takes time to recharge.
In other words, mana ("Energy" in-game) regenerates over time as you walk around in the world of Ekleron (there is no Ether item - once you run out of energy in-combat, you're out of energy for the duration).
To make up for this change, EXP rates will be higher than in most games, and there will also be less random encounters (although the custom RNG which is still under testing is very advanced, and because of its algorythm patterns, it may sometimes seem as though you enter combat for every step you take. This depends on your luck, though, because the Random Number Generator is random).

This game is being made through RPG Maker VX, although most of it is done outside of the maker (in fact, only eventing and mapping is needed before the game will be ready for F&F ALPHA).

This project is led by myself and two friends (they do not go here, but they are known as Rusty and Swords).

We hope for some interest, because it would be great if we could get working on the final aspects of the game so that it can be sent into F&F ALPHA.

Please either respond to this topic, send me a PM or e-mail me at ultimawolflux@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Here is what we need:

Sprite artists: 2 (alternatively: 1)
Map artists: 2 (alternatively: 1)
Animation artists: 1 (you'll be collaborating with the sprite artists in making custom animations for each individual character)
Effects artist: 1

Best regards,
Martin W. Øverby
RoP Developer
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:28:28 PM by Martin W. »
Let's eat Grandpa!
Let's eat, Grandpa!

Commas save lives.

---

"Filmmusic needs to be more than just convenient." - Denny Schneidemesser