RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Idle pose snippet

Rep: +0/-0Level 83

In this sprite sheet there is a gap in the seventh row. I want to turn that into idle poses for my character. I have been trying to figure this out for a month, so any help or advice would be appreciated. This is what i have so far.

I figure that I should redefine update_stop so that the @pattern points to a variable, like so.
Code: [Select]
   def update_stop
    if @step_anime
      @anime_count += 1
    elsif @pattern != @IDLE_POSE
      @anime_count += 1.5
    end
    @stop_count += 1 unless @locked
   end

Here @IDLE_POSE is my variable. I am not too sure if I am using the wrong type of variable either. In any case my variable should first determine which direction my character is facing. Each direction should be assigned a value between 0-7. Each value points to a specific sprite, namely the seventh row, sprites 0-7. That should do it I think, but I have yet to actually get it to work. If you can offer some advice on how to do this please do so.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 06:15:48 AM by AndrewBrewer »