RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] The Call of the Island

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Using AGS, a Sierra/Lucasarts Styled SCUMM engine, I've decided to start work on a game! Here's what I have so far, honestly. I'll keep updating the thread with concept art and all the work that I do on it. :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:32:32 PM by boe »
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Make the big white thing a giant butt.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Make the big white thing a giant butt.

I second this.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
yay AGS ^o^
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Ocean was redone about 3 times, this is as good as it gets with detail, really.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Make there be a big thing made out of smoke on the island.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Cool.  What's this game about?

Rep:
Level 98
Cool.  What's this game about?

Well, it's not ironed out but;
Long ago, the world had no water upon it. The skies were constantly dark and heavy, and fog roamed the earth.

And soon began the rain.

The earth was covered in water, raining nonstop for years. A village soon learned they were in the midst of the rain, and the only escape was left, or right.
Half of the village cried out, "We move to the high ground! It cannot rain forever!"
The other half cried out, "We move to where it is not raining, the storm is not shifting!"
And so they divided. Families against families, friends versus friends.

And soon, the rain stopped.

An ocean spanned between them. The ones that divided north to the higher grounds became surrounded, an island topped with a mountain. The ones that divided south gained the coast of a large, untouched land. They soon lost contact with each other. Only the elders knew that the other civilization remained. Soon, nobody at all knew the other civilization remained.
They turned their eyes away from each other.

Soon, the islanders needed to see what else was out there. Boats were crafted, the island was plenty with trees. They began to experiment, create and explore. But they moved northward. Away from the other civilization.

Shangri, a youthful coastlander, soon found something large coming to shore. It seemed to be made out of trees and cloth. Running back to town, he explained what had happened. The village soon realized that this was a way to scape the ocean. And soon, they found the other civilization. Trade began, but as did distrust. Spears for hunting were crafted on both sides, and both planned an attack.

In the depth of night, the mythic tablet that turned the earth-laden water of the ocean to freshwater was taken from the center of town. And there was only one place it would be. Shangri, up late at night, saw the shifting shadows take the tablet and escape on a boat. He stowed away on a trade boat the next morning, to the island, in search of where the stone had vanished.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Wow, sounds exciting.  Good luck on this.