RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[YERD] Equip Skill Slots

Rep:
Level 84
Equip Skill Slots
Last Update: 2009.05.11
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
I've always played RPG's that placed limits on what a player can do. I know I advocate player flexibility a whole lot, limiting a player within a game can induce more strategy and make that game deeper. This script places a limit on the skills actors can bring with them to battle and the player has to select which ones the actors will have access to. There's some new mechanics added to the battlefield and they are as follows:

EQUIPPING SKILL SLOTS
Choose which skills your actors will take with them to battle. Equipping a skill will not only allow the skill to be used in battle, but it can boost the actor's stats as well. Some skills when equipped can provide an automatic status effect, immunity to an element, and other passive effects.

SKILL LIMIT TYPES
In order to limit your actors from becoming too powerful by equipping an unlimited amount of skills, there are limit types that can place an actor within a specific threshold of power. There are several status effects that will affect skills with certain limit-types as well.

SKILL COPY SLOTS
During battle, some skills can allow your actors to copy another skill and input them in as their own for the remainder of that battle. This ability is made possible with this skill equip slot system and done in such a way where it will not interfere with the default skills learned.

Update History
  • 2009.05.11 - Finished script.
  • 2009.05.07 - Started script.

Screenshots

Script
Click here to view the main script.

Instructions
Since this is a big script, I’ve included a number of screenshots to explain everything (hopefully).

———

Like most of my scripts that introduce a new menu altogether to the menu listing, this script binds the Slots menu to a switch. If the switch is on, Slots will appear. If the switch is off, then Slots won't. It's as simple as that.

ENABLE_SLOTS_SWITCH
Change the numeric value here to the switch ID you would like to bind the Slots menu to.

———

The Slots menu will take you to this screen after selecting an actor. Here, your actors can choose what skills to bring with them to battle and what skills to leave behind. Any skills choosen here will retain the order they are in when in battle (with the exception of logically taking away the empty slots). There is a limited number of skill slots available for each actor and this amount does not change once started.

MAX_SKILLS_BASE
This adjusts the maximum skills given to all of your actors.

———

After selecting a slot, the player is taken to another screen that will allow them to choose what skill they wish to fill that slot with. Slots can be equipped and unequipped an endless amount of times so there's no need to worry about a one time deal.

———

Some skills can give off passive effects such as stat boosts. These stat boosts will only be applied if the skill is equipped. The stat changes are reflected in the window to the right. These stat boosts can affect HP/MP, the ADSA stats, and the HECO stats. The HECO stats, however, aren't shown in the window due to their lower importance rating and the lack of window space. In a way, equipping skills can be considered as important as equipping weapons and adding furthermore an even deeper level of gameplay strategy for the player.

<equip maxhp/maxmp/atk/def/spi/agi per/set +x>
<equip hit/eva/cri/odds per/set +x>
The tags above allow you to change any of the respective stats by a percentage of a set stat increase. Taking the example from the screenshot above, <equip def per +4> would increase defense by 4%. If it was <equip def per -4>, then defense would be lowered by 4%.

———

Rather than providing stat bonuses, some skills may provide other passive benefits, too, such as an auto-state. If an auto-state effect exists, it will always be on the actor until unequipped. This is only the first of a few passive effects equipping skills can provide. The other passive effects are listed below:

<equip auto state x> Automatically equips state x.
<equip state resist x> Provides resistance to state x.
<equip plus state x> Weapon attacks will induce state x.
<equip plus element x> Weapon attacks will include element x.
<equip auto battle> The actor will auto battle if equipped.
<equip super guard> The actor will have super guard if equipped.
<equip pharmacology> The actor will double item effectiveness if equipped.
<equip fast attack> The actor will have quick strike if equipped.
<equip prevent crit> The actor will be immune to critical hits if equipped.
<equip half mp cost> The actor will expend 50% MP if equipped.
<equip double exp> The actor will gain double the EXP if equipped.

———

Since equipping skills will limit what the player can bring to battle, there's no doubt that the player will most likely bring the most powerful things available and use only that. This will become no different than what they would normally do in any other RPG in battle. The Skill Limiter Type system exists in this script to limit the amount of powerful skills your actors can possess in battle and prevent them from equipping more if they do not have open limiter slots. To place a limiter on a skill, insert the following tag into your skill's notebox:

<limit type x>
x is the category of the limiter type placed on the skill. A skill can have more than one limiter type, too. If it does, it must meet the requirements of both limiter types before it is allowed to be equipped.

———

To modify the rules, naming conventions, and visual aspects of the limiter types, go into the module and edit the LIMIT_HASH. Here, you will discover what icons to use, whether or not it will be listed in the window, whether or not icons will show next to skill names (inside the Slot Menu), and what names to give them. Note that if you place the max limit to 0, that limit type will actually remove all limits from that category and allow for maximum equippable. Offensive, Defense, Statuses, and Special are lifted of their limiter types in the screenshot above. This allows them to be used as something other than a limiter type. In the case above, it's used as a category.

LIMIT_HASH
This hash within the module adjusts the rules governing the various limiter types.

———

If you want some actors to always have a skill that can never be equipped or unequipped, insert those skill ID's into the AUTO_EQUIP_SKILLS hash. The actor will always possess this skill in battle (so long as the actor has learned it of course). Auto-equipped skills, however, will still give off the bonus passive effects that actively equipped skills will give off. This enables you to allow actors to gain a permanent advantage after a certain point if done so.

AUTO_EQUIP_SKILLS
This has governs which actors will have which actor equip skills.

———

Due to the flexibility the slot system allows, copying and replacing skills is now possible. Copy skills allow you to copy skills from the skill's target and temporarily give them to the actor for one full battle. Copied skills will reflect upon the actor's own stats and not the stats of the target the actor has copied the skill from. When used, no window will pop up yet until actively casted.

NOTE: If you have Custom Skill Effects installed, be sure to update it to provide ultimate compatibility with Equip Skill Slots.

———

After the copy skill is casted in battle, a new window pops up asking you which skill you wish like to copy for your actor. This will temporarily halt battle until your decision is made. This window can include a plethora of skills or pretty much nothing.

SHOW_UNCOPIABLE
Set this to false if you would like uncopiable skills to be excluded from the list.

———

The copied skill is then added to your actor's skill list for the battle and temporarily replacing the slot that was used to cast it. There's obviously some limitations you would like to place on your copy skills. If you do, the following tags inside the skill's notebox will adjust the rules governing that:

<skill copy any>
Allows your actor to copy any ability desired.

<skill copy type x>
The copy skill can copy the skills that have the limiter type x.

<skill copy not x>
The copy skill can NOT copy the skills that have limiter type x.

The order of priority goes from bottom to top. If you have <skill copy any> and <skill copy not 1>, then the actor can copy every single skill on the target except for the skills with limiter type 1.

———

In the end, your actors can bring numerous combinations of skills with them to battle. The players that adjust these skills will also have the option of ordering the skills the way they want. Note that the ordered skills will omit the empty slots for logical reasons. Have fun, both scripters and players, in figuring out how to balance your actors and create the game the way you want.

Compatibility
- Works with Yanfly Subclass Selection System
- Does NOT work with KGC Skill CP System
Please report any compatibility issues and I'll try my best to fix them.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- KGC for initial influence.

Originally Found Here: Here
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Do you happen to know how compatible say Tankentai SVBS is for this?

Rep:
Level 84
Do you happen to know how compatible say Tankentai SVBS is for this?
I think outside of Copy Skills, everything else is compatible. You'll have to try though.
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Ok :) when I get around to it, I'll let you know.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Hey Yan, got a question:

I don't know if it's the way I have something set up or not, but I'm trying to use this script with your subclass script, and when I go to learn skills, the one skill my character should have isn't on the list to learn. I set it's JP cost to 50 and it's still not showing in the list... Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?