RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anski's Must-Have Fallout 3 Mods

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Welcome to the list of Anski's Must-Have modifications for Fallout 3!

• "It's Brilliant. ;_;" - Abraham Lincoln
  • "I couldn't play Fallout 3 without these." - Jerry Only of the Misfits
  • 7/5 Stars from Entertainment Tonight!

If you have been playing Fallout 3 without mods, you're getting a nice, full experience but you're missing out on alot, as well. I've taken the liberty to organize a list of mods, in any order, that I recommend and you should be using for Fallout 3. You may disagree with the usefulness of a mod, but that's solely your choice, not mine. I just use them as I see fit, for my own reasons. Included are links to every mod's download location, so you won't be lost in the dark on trying to find them! Aren't I just a nice guy?

First up, the DLC.

Operation: Anchorage
Placed in the center of a military simulation of Anchorage, you march through wave after wave of Chinese communists. It kills a few hours of your time, assuming you don't RUSH RUSH RUSH through it. A plethora of cool armor and weapons are used, such as the sniper loving Gauss Rifle, and frosted off Winterized T51-B Power Armor. Upon completing the simulation, most of these items are available to you once you are back in your character. Unfortunately, some things, such as the Winterized Combat Armor, which is awesome because the helmet has a baklava mask with it, are unavailable without mods to add them in. Why, Bethesda, why would you do that? ;_;

Overall: 75/100
Pros:
  • Brand new area to explore, beautiful sights to see.
  • Enemies are actually Chinese instead of ghouls. Lots of new suits and crazy chinese technology shit.
  • Mostly you're getting good out of it instead of bad.
Cons:
  • Can be short if you make it. Action isn't as GOD AWESOME as they expected.
  • Paying for it: Of course Bethesda wants your money.
  • Not getting ALL of the weapons and armor in the game.

The Pitt
For now, you're back in your character with all of your items and the likes. A man sends out a distress call for help, which brings you to Holk's home, Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, the only thing that has changed is that a few buildings are destroyed and there's a little more radiation. Other than that, there's still the stealing, scrapping of cars and metal for money, slavery and general violence as before the war. :V Revealed to you now is a depressing waste of slavery, a raider controlled town. The raiders, however, are friendly to a point. If you call kicking you and calling you a bitch friendly, you'd fit right in. Unlocked now is a plethora of new weapons and armor. I counted atleast 10 new raider armor, including a power armor with a brahmin skull on the shoulder. Of course, I -had- to have it. The whirling Auto-Axe is a great melee weapon, very powerful. Unfortunately, it is much shorter than Anchorage, but there are different paths to take in the plot.

Overall: 85/100
Pros:
  • Lots of new weapons and armor for your choosing.
  • More things to do freely.
  • Plot isn't as linear as Anchorage.
  • Keeping everything you find.
Cons:
  • Short.
  • Black and white karma choices, as to be expected with Bethesda.
  • Once you're in, you can't leave the Pitt until you've completed the plot.

Broken Steel DLC Review will be coming soon. Just need to beat the damn game first.  :mad:

Mart's Mutant Mod
Being the fag that I am, I went looking for things from Fallout 2 that were missing in 3, and if someone had modded them in. This led me across Mart's Mutant Mod, which, as well as doing MANY, MANY other things, adds in the Geckos from Fallout 2, with a very nice, new mesh and texture. First off, it mods every monster in the game, from Ghoul to Deathclaw, to have custom stats, things such as intelligence and perception now play a role in combat. It changes their behavior and group movement AI, as well as adding a ton of creatures. The Supermutant Gargantuan, a monster two times the size of a behemoth, Firelurk, a fire spraying mirelurk, wasteland scoprions, wild dogs, vicious dog pups, young Deathclaws, young Mole Rats, and terrifying Night Ghouls. Monsters from Fallout 2 are added as well, such as Wanamigos, Geckos from Fire Geckos to Golden Geckos, and the hovering Floaters. Corpse Flies now hover over the lingering bodies, vicious in swarms. Deathclaw Matriarchs are even more lethal than their male counterpart.
Including monster addition, there are separate plugins to make the game more challenging. 2x and 5x Increased Spawns, Respawning Areas, Ghoul Rampages, Natural Selection; which makes some creatures fight over dominance, Tough Traders, to protect traders from the increased insanity of the monsters.

Overall: 95/100
Pros:
  • Addition of new creatures makes the game fresher, more indepth.
  • Lots of variety, monsters aren't a pushover now.
  • Must have for Fallout 1/2 Fans.
Cons:
  • Makes the game much more difficult, some can't handle it.
  • Swarms of increased monsters can make the game practically unplayable difficult.

Weapon Mod Kits
This mod is exactly as it seems. Kits to apply additions to vanilla weapons in the game begin appearing all over the world, and add things such as a scope, silencer, extended clip, auto-fire mechanism (faster reaction trigger and increased firing speed;) and laser sights. Of course, you can't just deck out a chinese assault rifle with everything, some kits are limited to certain weapons. While it does make the early to about 15 levels much more tolerable, in the end they seem just kind of flashy and less useful. Of course, I still carry around a combat shotgun with extended clip and autofire, because that's just rape right there. A touch of realism, and this author has gone in deep to add the workbenches to make stuff in alot of places, and hides the kits in leveled spawns and places around the wasteland.

Overall: 80/100
Pros:
  • Cool stuff to add on.
  • A slight addition of realism.
  • Makes vanilla weapons more interesting.
Cons:
  • Doesn't change that much
  • Usefulness is pretty limited. You don't need a scope and laser sight on the same gun, do you?

Scrap Metal Waste Radio
GNR is nice and all, but holy jesus does it get old. And so does patriotic music, right? Well time for you to download my radio mod, Scrap Metal Waste Radio. I'm going to get off my lazy ass and release the expansion soon, which will add even more music and take away the repetitiveness of it. Overall; fucking awesome.

Overall: 89/100
Pros:
  • New, variety based music.
  • Voice Acting from yours truly.
  • Makes life in the wasteland more interesting.
Cons:
  • Repeats often due to limited amount of music.
  • Quality is a little unbelievable, this is fixed in the expansion.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Mod
For those of you who aren't actually interested in combat shotguns that shoot 2000 mini-nukes with the megaton nuke animation and do damage that's absolutely off the charts and make fart noises when they explode, you might be interested in this. It's not weapons yet, but the author is supposedly working to add that in. What it DOES add however, are correctly meshed and textured rips of the armor from the Ukranian S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. While this may not appeal to all, it's a much better replacement than taking mismatched, halfassed meshed and untextured models from the site and making your own gasmask strike-force looking armor. Of course, that being said, each armor is a whole entity and will cover your character completely. There's a gigantor variety of armor, pretty much every exoskeleton and military type armor from STALKER is available. And they all come in the separate faction colors, such as orange for Freedom, blue for Clear Sky, ect ect. It should make you feel more like a badass, if anything.

Overall: 90/100
Pros:
  • Very clean cut design, the meshes are spot on with the textures.
  • STALKER has good graphics, arguably better than Fallout 3 with the sharpening and graphical mods, so this is only an improvement.
  • Feel like a badass while shooting stuff. Good reason to play in third person.
Cons:
  • Covers whole character.
  • High weight and possible cost.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:16:41 PM by Anski »
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Cons:
  • Black and white karma choices, as to be expected with Bethesda.
  • Once you're in, you can't leave the Pitt until you've completed the plot.
The decision you make at the end isn't that black and white.

Spoiler for The Pitt spoiler:
You either steal a baby or allow the slaves to remain enslaved

Also, the final con could be applied to Anchorage.

Anyway, I like where you're going with this. :>

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Well, If it was good enough for Abraham Lincoln, it's good enough for you guys  :mad:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Hey, what about hair mods? I'm looking for some new hair styles and was wondering if you used vanilla hair or have a mod to add extra.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
ADDED MORE I'M DONE BEING LAZY FOR TONIGHT

Rep:
Level 83
I'll agree that the Pit completely blows OA out of the water. The setting is so much cooler, awesome-r storyline...Spinny axes of doom, yeah, it's got it all. Although, I was upset the Metal Blaster was a laz0r, rather than a funky-fresh fork shooter. =[

Other mods you could consider...Uh. Enclave commander. That's pro.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Everyone's seen that.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I haven't seen that.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
How would you know you haven't seen that without seeing that.

Rep:
Level 96
Because if I hadn't seen it, and then I saw it, I'd immediately realize that this was the first time I saw it.

Rep:
Level 102
But it's fair to say that you saw that before you told me you haven't seen that, correct?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
He didn't see it before.

Rep:
Level 96
I didn't see it before.

Rep:
Level 102
Ryan didn't see it before.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I hate this conversation.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
anski update this :mad:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
For Abraham Lincoln's sake  :mad:

Rep:
Level 98
I'll keep gradually updating this because you're all wanting more or some shit.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
STALKER is Ukrainian, not Russian.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
STALKER is Ukrainian, not Russian.
Spoiler for Joke Nobody Will Get:
It is different here and here