RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] "Mystery Dungeon" (or Roguelike) System

Rep:
Level 83
Egg > Gnarmander > Gnarmeleon > Gnarizard
Mystery Dungeon System (or simply "Roguelike System")
04-29-09

Summary
This script makes everything on the map turn-based.
That is to say that movement, attacks, etc. all take place turn-by-turn in a way such that a monster with a regular move speed would move at the same time as the player moves.
Everything would stop if the player stops.
It's a lot harder to explain in words than it is to show it in a youtube video and post a link to wikipedia, so that's what I'm gonna do.
It's just one of those things you'd have to see.
See "Games its been in". (each title will be a link)

Features Desired
  • Turn-based movement and actions.
  • Option to turn the script off when outside the dungeons.
  • Optional overlay map.

Mockups

This is a screenshot from Torneko's Great Adventure: Mysterious Dungeon.
Note the translucent blue map across the screen.
The yellow dot (o) is Torneko, blue dots (o) are items, and the red dot (o) is a monster (in this case a magician).
Also note Torneko's status at the top of the screen.
This screenshot displays Floor #, Level, HP, and Gold.
I would also like MP and condition to be displayed (condition as in Poisoned, Confused, etc.)
Alternatively, icons could be displayed above the player's head.
Floor # would be stored in a variable that would be added to every time the player ascends/descends a staircase.

Games its been in

Did you search?
No, of course not. Why else would I be requesting it?
(yes, I searched)

Where did you search?
  • RMRK
  • Creation Asylum
  • Google

What did you search for?
  • RMXP Roguelike Battle System
  • RMXP Mystery Dungeon System
  • RMXP Roguelike Script

Additional Information
I found pretty much exactly what I need in an RMVX (RGSS2) script, but I don't use VX (mostly because it sucks).
The script I found is here.
What I want to know is if it's possible to use the script in RMXP, and if not, is there some way to convert it?
Alternatively, I suppose if my only option is to use VX, will my RMXP scripts work in VX?
And - again - if not, can they be converted?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:15:00 AM by Gnarizard »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
If you're going to take the time to make such a good request, you may as well read the rules -.-

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16921.0.html

Rep:
Level 83
Egg > Gnarmander > Gnarmeleon > Gnarizard
Forgive my ignorance, but which rule exactly did I break? ???
(admittedly, I forgot to add "[REQUEST]" to my topic, but other than that, what have I done wrong?)

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
You answered your own question :P

It sounds stupid, but it helps people when they're searching.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This does seem like a pretty intensive request. Good job with the explanation though. I hope it gets picked up for you :)