RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Dynamic Shop System (scripted by tidloc)

Rep:
Level 83
Egg > Gnarmander > Gnarmeleon > Gnarizard
Dynamic Shop System
04-23-2009

Summary
The idea for this script revolves around 3 key features, and when it all comes together,
the idea is to have shops that change their stock and only carry limited quantities.
As good an idea it is to carry 99 of every type of potion with you,
I hate the fact that you can buy them all at once.
Also, it would be nice to find something interesting in the inventory every so often.
In the end, this will basically cause the player to revisit shops they've already been to,
either because they're curious to see if there's a new rare item, or because they need
to stock up on potions like the little wuss hero they are.

Features Desired
  • 1. Change basic inventory depending on location (these could probably be handled by the default shop processing event, since it asks)
  • 2. Stock items in quantities, randomly gaining or losing stock as time passes (like every hour or something).
  • 3. Occasionally stocking a bonus (substantially more rare) item for sale.
  • 4. (additional feature that would rock, but isn't important) Items you sell to a shop become their stock (which is lost after feature 2 occurs)

Features UNdesired
  • 1. Mercantile/Bartering
  • 2. Item Categories.

Mockup

Games its been in
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Fable II (it's kinda similar in that sold items become shop items)

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • RMRK
  • Creation Asylum
  • Google

What did you search for?
  • Custom Shop
  • Custom Shop System
  • Oblivion Shop
  • Oblivion Shop System
  • RMXP Custom Shop Script
  • RMXP Oblivion Shop Script
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:06:09 PM by Gnarizard »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Great request!

I could've sworn I have seen a script like this, but I cannot find it for the life of me. The closest I could find is:

http://www.freewebs.com/yeyindedev/shop_system.html

and I'm not sure what features it has because I have not tested it out or anything.

EDIT::

Looking at it now, I don't think it does anything you asked for. I'll keep looking. Was it made by Astral? or something...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:22:56 PM by modern algebra »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Someone made a script like this a VERY long time ago. I may still have this somewhere. Only thing it can't do is stock rare items.

Rep:
Level 83
Fair enough. I can just make a "Rare Items" sort of choice in the conversation branch for shopkeepers like:
`_________________
| Regular Items   |
| Today's Special |
| Rumors          |
|_Leave___________|

EDIT:
If you could find that script for me, Falcon, that would be great. ;D
I'll keep digging around in the meantime. :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:23:42 PM by Gnarizard »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Sorry, it looks like I can't find the script on my PC.

Rep:
Level 83
Aw, bummer... :'(
Thanks for looking, though. :)
I'll just have to keep searching.

Rep:
Level 83
[...]And they feared him.
He understands that cruelty arises from opportunity![...]