RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sphere Grid System

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Hey  :)

Could anyone help me, making a new Picture Orientated Sphere Grid System??

Please write me: DanielMartin2@gmx.de

Sry for my bad english
I´m German^^
And sorry if i were in the wrong Forum ;)

Rep:
Level 83
Egg > Gnarmander > Gnarmeleon > Gnarizard
Unfortunately you're in the wrong forum for picture-based (presumably event-based) systems.
You're looking for RMXP Troubleshooting.
Also, to do a sphere grid system you might want to figure out exactly how you need it to work.
If you expect it to be the same as in Final Fantasy X, where everything glows and you can see every other character's trail...
...Good luck.

The first thing you should figure out is how you're going to make the enemies you fight give each character "AP" to level up.
Alternatively, you could use EXP and set the game so your character never levels up in the default way,
but when the character reaches a set amount of EXP you add (+) 1 to a variable for the character's level.
After designing your sphere grid you would have to make each node check to see if the currently selected character
had a level of 1 or more (greater than or equal to), then check for the sphere you selected (greater than or equal to),
and finally add whatever attribute you select, then subtract (-) 1 from the character's level variable
and subtract (-) 1 from the selected sphere.

The rest is pretty much graphical.

I could make one out of a map and events, but if you wan a picture-based one, I can't do much.
It would simply get too confusing to have to work with so many pictures and placement.
I'm sure I would end up making it full of bugs if I tried a picture-based one.

Anyway, good luck on your sphere grid!
Hopefully someone else here will be more skilled than me with pictures.

Hey :)

Thanks 4 the reply  ;D

i tried to make it with events, but it was such a work, and i tougt, it wouldn´t be so ard to create something like a sphere grid..

But i think i have to do it with ... mhh...  :-[.... events :/
But thanks  ;)

öhm, one thing:

Could you or anyone make a little script, that says, if i were on the position x = 4 y = 5  or else, and i activate that event, the next event, i can activate is x = 5  y =5, and not x = 4  y = 6

Do you know, what i mean??

like the sphere grid in ffx... so i can make a good sphere grid, with a little script  ;)

please reply quickly  ;D

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16921.0.html

I'm not going to do anything since English isn't your first language and you probably might not understand everything in that topic, but if you break another rule I'm going to lock this for 24 hours.

I'd suggest you explain the system you want more, not everyone has played an RPG with it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'll post a quick description since I know.

a sphere grid is just what you'd think, a grid that holds spheres.
they have paths that connect certain sphere positions together in a pattern.

each 'sphere' you put in the grid is a class, and during battle, the character starts as the default class on the grid.  when you want (once per turn) you can change your class to any of the classes of the spheres connected to the one you currently are.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 83
Egg > Gnarmander > Gnarmeleon > Gnarizard
Sorry namkcor, that would be incorrect.
You're thinking of the Dress-Sphere system from Final Fantasy X-2.

I'm pretty certain that dany is talking about the Sphere Grid from Final Fantasy X (the original).
Quote from: Wikipedia
As with previous titles in the series, players are given the opportunity to develop and improve their characters by defeating enemies and acquiring items, though the traditional experience point system was replaced by a new system called the "Sphere Grid". Instead of characters gaining pre-determined statistic bonuses for their attributes after leveling up, each character gains a "sphere level" after collecting enough ability points (AP). Sphere levels allow players to move around the Sphere Grid, a predetermined grid of interconnected nodes consisting of various statistic and ability bonuses. Items called "spheres" are applied to these nodes, unlocking its function for the selected character.[3]

The Sphere Grid system also allows players to fully customize characters in contrast to their intended battle roles, such as turning the White Mage Yuna into a physical powerhouse and the swordsman Auron into a healer. The International and PAL versions of the game include an optional "Standard" version of the Sphere Grid; in these versions, all of the characters start in the middle of the grid and may follow whichever path the player chooses. As a trade-off, the Standard grid has fewer nodes in total, thus decreasing the total statistic upgrades available during the game.[4]

The (north american version) sphere grid looks like this.
(image WAAAAAY too big to tag in the topic)

Dany, if you graphically design your sphere grid (the layout/shape I mean), I might be willing to help you make it.
The only thing is that I wouldn't be able to do it picture-based.
We'd be making a HUUUUUGE map that would include everything you want to happen.
That's the only option if you get help from me, as I'm only a n00b at scripting and there's only so many pictures you can use before RPG Maker cuts you off, so let me know.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Sorry namkcor, that would be incorrect.
You're thinking of the Dress-Sphere system from Final Fantasy X-2.

*smacks forehead*
yeah you're right.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon