RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
This is an Emergency Situation for me - Desu!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Yesterday, my computer went and updated herself, and suddenly I found her off.

When I turn her on, she gave an Error that she couldn't start up correctly, regardless, System Restore & using the back-up drive she had didn't fix the problem either, we gave her a memory scan check along, nothing was wrong, yet, she continue to say a binary file had an error and wouldn't start.

*In Kei's desperation and been unable to by-pass Sister's password*
I called my friend to try and fix it, he didn't know what was happening, and he didn't had his Vista at the moment.

Instead, ended up Installing Windows 7 (Test version?), So, umm, the files, pictures & music weren't affected and I could get to them, but Programs doesn't work. and Kei finds it a bad idea to use Windows 7 by when he goes to University, to get for the third time the password for the connection. <sigh>

So, I ask, How can I fix my Vista version, without having to reformat the drive completely & just 'change' the Vista data itself only? (So I can use RPG Maker & Photoshop)

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Try a OS repair from the Vista disc, if you don't have one, then I dunno.

also, I chuckled at referring to your computer as a 'her'.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
While you have access to your files, back up whatever you are afraid of losing before you do anything. I've learned that lesson the hard way.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Try a OS repair from the Vista disc, if you don't have one, then I dunno.

also, I chuckled at referring to your computer as a 'her'.
What sucks is the fact it didn't bring an OS disc of Vista D< (Sony makes me  :mad: :mad: :mad: )

I've been saving the whole day my files, burning & such, didn't thought I had that many.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
they have to include the CD, check again. does it come with a partitioned hardrive? if so the other part may be a recovery drive - open that and check.

does your computer have a vista sticker on the side somewhere? if so your in good shape. download a copy of vista (same as what you had before) and burn it. either use it to repair vista's install or reformat and install using your legal key
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Ok, It does have a sticker of Windows Vista . . . yet ~ Does that mean, I have to search for it? D: If so, then I'm saved & resolved? Ti'll i know if it works. (Thou I dunno which version it was. There was no disc when they gave me the Computer. Just papers & the parts, no disc at all)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
probably home basic.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Home Premium & Service Pack 1

Quick Search for a Torrent & ta-da! Found it, now ti'll it finishes, got even a back-up to activating the drives & systems if they suddenly go 'off' to save my skin. Nyoro ~