RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy XIII Full Gameplay Demo

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
this actually looks very good.

I'm interested in seeing how well it comes out in the end.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
this does look good. However out of context the storyline seems similar to ff7, the battle system just looks confusing.

even so
* ahref drools

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Too bads I don't got a next gen console -.-
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
this does look good. However out of context the storyline seems similar to ff7, the battle system just looks confusing.

even so
* ahref drools

I forgot where I heard this, but supposedly it is FF7 remade pretty much. They told the character designers "Make a female cloud", so there you go. Cloud -> Lightning. Then they said, Barret wasn't black enough, make a pimp with an afro. Then you've got the black guy who holds his gun like a gangsta.
Since FF7 was futuristic, they did the same thing, and in Versus, you've got some sephiroth wannabe guy who can toss swords around with his mind.

Square Enix knows how popular FF7 was, so they're going to attempt at a whole new game this time instead of making a bunch of spin offs. In fact this game already has two spin offs from what I've heard, Versus being one of them. From what we've seen, I figure it's going to be as linear as FFX with no world maps or anything. I like the music so far, but the only problem is the lack of a victory fanfare. Seriously, is this going to be the only FF without it?

The battle system looks fairly straight forward. It seems you pick out commands and it places it under the bar, and as the bar fills you'll execute said commands. Even though they said it wouldn't be turn based, and it would be "like advent children battles", it still looks like you're taking turns. Also it doesn't look like you can control  the other characters. I could be wrong, as I can't read Japanese, but the camera is always on the player.

It looks good. But I feel it'll be inevitably overrated.

Edit: I forgot to mention Lightning has a gravity/gunblade >.>
Seriously SE, comon. HL2 too?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:14:58 PM by MrMoo »

- -

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Kupo!
This game looks cool i cant wait to get it.
And when will they remake Final Fantasy 7?
Kupo..   :'(
Kupopo!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

even so
* ahref drools

I forgot where I heard this, but supposedly it is FF7 remade pretty much. They told the character designers "Make a female cloud", so there you go. Cloud -> Lightning. Then they said, Barret wasn't black enough, make a pimp with an afro. Then you've got the black guy who holds his gun like a gangsta.
Since FF7 was futuristic, they did the same thing, and in Versus, you've got some sephiroth wannabe guy who can toss swords around with his mind.

Square Enix knows how popular FF7 was, so they're going to attempt at a whole new game this time instead of making a bunch of spin offs. In fact this game already has two spin offs from what I've heard, Versus being one of them. From what we've seen, I figure it's going to be as linear as FFX with no world maps or anything. I like the music so far, but the only problem is the lack of a victory fanfare. Seriously, is this going to be the only FF without it?

The battle system looks fairly straight forward. It seems you pick out commands and it places it under the bar, and as the bar fills you'll execute said commands. Even though they said it wouldn't be turn based, and it would be "like advent children battles", it still looks like you're taking turns. Also it doesn't look like you can control  the other characters. I could be wrong, as I can't read Japanese, but the camera is always on the player.

It looks good. But I feel it'll be inevitably overrated.

Edit: I forgot to mention Lightning has a gravity/gunblade >.>
Seriously SE, comon. HL2 too?

So who's worse, Nintendo or Square? Joking, but it sounds like they're pulling a Twilight Princess. But to be fair, Nintendo hasn't truly milked OoT, since there are only really two other "like" games in the series. Square is just shameless. tisk tisk...I did see a video of this a month or so ago on Kotaku, the battles are on the map and there's no random encounters in this, right? That's pretty neat, and it looks absolutely beautiful.
Also, those videos aren't loading for me, but that's Adobe's 64bit Linux, but it's getting there... =\