RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Good Luck / Bad Luck

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
This game is something new, and I like the idea, I hope you guys might as well.

Basically, the game tells a story, in which good and bad things happen to a particular person.

Rules:
Alternate between Good Luck and Bad Luck
(in your post, at the top, state whether or not it's good or bad luck, just to help reinforce this)  Each person will continue the story, telling one quick event of good or bad luck that happened to this person.

Try to keep it within a sentence or two like... "after he got to work, he found that he was mistakenly fired in place of his co-worker, due to a paperwork mishap" Obviously this was bad luck.

Try to keep the event related to the story in some way, not like..."he randomly is smashed by a falling elephant" or something of the like.

Twist it all you want, just keep it somewhat related to what has happened already.

And now I'll start:

(good luck)
Joe woke up one morning, luckily waking up on time, as he forgot to set his alarm the night before.  He begins to get dressed, and heads downstairs for some breakfast.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
(bad luck)

Joe pours himself a bowl of cereal, but finds that he is out of milk. So instead of milk, he pours orange juice into his bowl, which turns out to taste so bad that he throws up in the kitchen sink.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
(good luck)

luckily though, Joe finds he has enough money to buy something quick on his way to school, so he gets his car keys and heads out to his car.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
(bad luck)

Unfortunately, Joe's car is completely out of gas. So he has to ride his bike to work, all 120 miles of the way.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
(good luck)

Luckily, Joe remembered he had to go to school that day, not work, so the ride was only about 5 miles.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
(Bad luck)

Sadly, Joe slammed into a curb 3 miles from school. He was not seriously injured, but his bike was trashed in the event.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
(good luck)

Joe didn't really like the bike anyway, and now had an excuse for being late to school, whilst enjoying a scenic walk.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
(bad luck)

unfortunately, three men in a black van found him walking along the side of the street and abducted him, driving off to an undisclosed location, Joe...bound and gagged, inside a potato sack.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
(good luck)

Luckily, Joe wasn't killed, or taken to a warehouse by the mafia or anything. Rather, he was taken to a very formal dinner party, where the host apologized for his men's rough behavior and explained that he had a simple job that he wanted Joe to undertake for huge amounts of money.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
(bad luck)

unfortunately, he didn't have a choice in the matter, and was forced to take the job of smuggling a bomb into the state prison that evening.

Rep:
Level 86
(Good luck)

Fortunately for Joe, the police found the men who were forcing Joe to smuggle a bomb into the state prison and after deeming him innocent, they payed him double what the gang would have.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
(bad luck)

Unfortunately, Joe had a large amount of debt he was forced to pay off with the money, leaving him less than $100.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
(good luck)

but hey, Joe is out of debt now, isn't he?

Rep:
Level 86
(Bad luck)

Wait a second, no he isn't. Joe just received a phone call from his aunt. Apparently, he owes her approximately $5000 for crashing at her house and nearly wrecking the place two years ago.

Rep:
Level 85
Fly Irock
(Good luck)

Fortunately, his aunt fell over shortly after the phone call and died so he didn't have to pay off the debt.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
(bad luck)

too bad he had already sent her the rest of his savings as payment.

Rep:
Level 86
(Good luck)

Luckily for him, Joe quickly made back that money by writing a short story for children from the events that just transpired.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
(bad luck)

He just missed an entire day of school.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
(good luck)

Joe, feeling lucky that yesterday was a field day (meaning he doesn't have to make anything up from missing school), wakes up early for the next day of school.

Rep:
Level 86
(Bad news)

It's Saturday.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
(good luck)

oh well, Joe is up and ready for the day, so he decides to go to his favorite restaurant for breakfast of pancakes and eggs.

Rep:
Level 86
(Bad luck)

While at the restaurant, the waitress serving Joe his pancakes and eggs slipped on the dry carpet, in the event slamming a burning hot pancake right on his face.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
(good luck)

Mmmm! Delicious pancake! And due to the accident it's free!

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
(Bad Luck)

Unfortunately, Joe received 2nd degree burns from the hot pancake and was rushed to a hospital.

- -

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
(good luck)

Fortunately, he was patched up right away, good as new, and he was given a lifetime supply of pancakes by the restaurant for the whole ordeal.