RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Spriter/Pixelartist Recruiting.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
(obligatory 'hi, i'm new')

Hello, I'm looking for a couple people to help with a Yume Nikki-esque game. If you don't know what Yume Nikki is, look up LoudMan01's Let's Plays of the game on youtube. For those of you who don't want to watch, Yume Nikki is an ambient/exploration/horror game made by a Japanese guy named Kikiyama in RPG Maker 2003. It tends to be hit or miss with most people and has garnered a reasonable cult following. There's no dialogue, no battles, (almost) no enemies, and the game is focused around exploring your dreams and finding stuff.
Basically, the game will be a sort of spiritual successor to Yume Nikki - a similar style of graphics, playstyle and atmosphere - with several additions, changes, and such. The game itself, in addition to Yume Nikki, will be inspired by mythology and folklore, with a spotlight put on the Divine Comedy.
There will be multiple endings to the game, utilizing a good/evil system to decide which ending you get (like the Shin Megami Tensei games). Depending on your actions your good/evil ranking goes up or down.
The game will have meaning, though it will be rather subliminal and up to the player to determine for themselves what the game means to them.

I have been using RPG Maker (started with the PSX version) since I was around 9... so I know enough about it. I can't make scripts from scratch but I can make slight edits to existing ones. My main contribution to the project will be sprites. I usually make monsters, mugshots, etc but I've been making tiles recently and it's a lot of fun. Examples of my sprites can be found here.. If you want to see examples of games I've made, you can message me (contact info later down the post) and I'll send them to you.

The game will be made in RPG Maker VX.
I'm in need of mostly a composer at this point, though someone who can make Yume Nikki-esque parallex backgrounds would be appreciated, as would be a scripter.

You can contact me through my MSN: kyriaki@earthlink.net
Thanks.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Oh damn! A yume nikki fan :D
I was thinking of making a spiritual sequel myself but you beat me to it!
This guy might be able to help you: http://godsavant.deviantart.com/

Other than that I'm not sure
Also did you know that there's a japanese fan sequel of it named Yume 2kki? :)